Media and punditry

BOF

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

this for me is worse than what andy gray did and he got sacked.

he only apologised because there was a video and he knows he has absolutely no leg to stand on. sack the vile scumbag 

This is a perfect example of over reaction imo.

Rapists and murderers are vile scumbags, someone spitting at a car after being goaded into it isn't even in the same ballpark. I don't agree with what he did but lets put some perspective on it at least.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

This is a perfect example of over reaction imo.

Rapists and murderers are vile scumbags, someone spitting at a car after being goaded into it isn't even in the same ballpark. I don't agree with what he did but lets put some perspective on it at least.

Eh? Is there something I don’t know about Andy Gray?

He was sacked for saying women don’t know the offside rule and for making a suggestive comment to a female colleague wasn’t he?

39 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Not sure its a sackable offence to be honest but in this social media world im sure SKY will be left with no choice but to sack him.

They really need to find out what led up to it, I doubt a couple of waves and a shout of 2-1 prompted that, he might be a scally at heart but hes not an idiot.

Evidently he is.

No excuse for spitting at someone. It's a disgusting thing that I've never understood. Poor girl sounded like she was already pissed off with her dad for goading Carragher before she got spat on as well.

Edited by fightoffyour

14 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Eh? Is there something I don’t know about Andy Gray?

He was sacked for saying women don’t know the offside rule and for making a suggestive comment to a female colleague wasn’t he?

I wasn't comparing what he did to Andy Gray. I was comparing spitting at a car to an act that would justify being called a vile scumbag.

As I've mentioned before he's also working for the network who's broadcasting the CL and PL in Sweden, Viasat-MTG.

They have now suspended him during investigation. They are meeting with him today.

Hopefully they'll let him go full stop,.

They might not thou as the man who handles the sport for MTG is himself a pretty slimy person who even thou he was found of behaving very inappropriate towards mostly female co-workers was kept on because of his connections with the top brass.

That story got lost in all the other more public #MeToo affairs.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Evidently he is.

No excuse for spitting at someone. It's a disgusting thing that I've never understood. Poor girl sounded like she was already pissed off with her dad for goading Carragher before she got spat on as well.

So he deserves to be sacked, that's what is up for debate here. Not whether what he did was a disgusting act.

I don't know the back story of this JC incident, but it's obviously not 'becoming' behaviour.

To deliberately spit at a young girl over some banter that got the better of you is poor form.

If Luis Suarez is still playing football after repeatedly biting others than I think the most JC should incur is a fine payable to the family and a suspension from the media.

8 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I wasn't comparing what he did to Andy Gray. I was comparing spitting at a car to an act that would justify being called a vile scumbag.

So if i spat at your daughter thats ok is it? As a pundit and ex professional should know better.

Terrible behaviour from him. Andy Gray got sacked for less

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Ah ok, it’s just the way it reads!

To be honest, spitting at a 14 year old girl and her dad is disgusting (I don’t think he was aiming for their car). So if people want to call that vile and/or a scumbag thing to do, I wouldn’t argue with them much.

So this idiot pursues him on a motorway, pulls up besides him and phones him, basically recording himself committing a crime and potentially causing an accident. The real word removed in this is the guy with the phone. I'm no fan of Carra but he clearly saw the red mist, I don't think he should be sacked tbh.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So this idiot pursues him on a motorway, pulls up besides him and phones him, basically recording himself committing a crime and potentially causing an accident. The real word removed in this is the guy with the phone. I'm no fan of Carra but he clearly saw the red mist, I don't think he should be sacked tbh.

Exactly, but that's not the narrative is it.

We've got a chance to crucify a public figure here, lets not waste it!

Edited by AVFCDAN

He somehow manages to bring up THAT night in Istanbul in almost every interview he does for VIASAT on Swedish telly, will be interesting to see if this is something he'll come back to?

Honestly can't see him functioning with this job anymore.

Spitting at a 14 y.o is a shocking behavior for a 41 old person, especially a public one.

But on a more work related issue how will he ever be taken seriously in anything he comments after this?

If it happened 10 years ago while he was still playing then fine by now people might have sniggererd and flooded social media with this film every time he commented on a footballer being out of line.

But now? He's going to sit there and comment on other people (players) and how they behave and people are supposed to take him serious and listen?

Might work in England?

Doubt it'll work in Swedish media.

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, the dad’s an idiot too as he could have easily avoided putting him and his daughter in this situation (by the looks of it).

I’m also not sure he should be sacked. But Carragher really should know better. If he was some 18 year old I could understand it, but he’s been in this sort of environment for 20 or so years. 

I’m not saying he should put up with people goading him, but he should be better than that.

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I would have just said congratulations and drove off. Simples

Wonder what El Hadji Diouf thinks of this? :D Imagine to flesh out this story this week someone in the press will be contacting him and also looking through Carra's book to see what he said about him spitting when he played for Liverpool.

Edited by VillaChris

What Carragher has done is clearly disgusting and vile and definitely sack-worthy IMO but I’m shocked that nobody in the media seems to be picking up on the fact the guy driving the car is blatantly using his phone on a dual carriageway with no regard for anyone else’s safety. He’s just as much of a word removed and having incriminated himself, needs to be made an example of.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JB said:

What Carragher has done is clearly disgusting and vile and definitely sack-worthy IMO but I’m shocked that nobody in the media seems to be picking up on the fact the guy driving the car is blatantly using his phone on a dual carriageway with no regard for anyone else’s safety. He’s just as much of a word removed and having incriminated himself, needs to be made an example of.

We don't know for sure if something was said before he started dilming. Could be possible and then when the footage started he was polite. 

But he should have just driven off and ignored him.

You are right about the driver getting done. I think he should as well

Â