Media and punditry

BOF

SSN

Ian Dowie going ape over Hart left out by Pepe

So SKY (who employ him for his expert opinion) want to promote an opinion from a shit Footballer and failed manager over Pepe who has won how many honours?

both Carragher Souness think Spurs have nothing to complain about because "99% of Firminho's body is in the box and he's gone down inside it"

but the part that Lamela clipped, his trailing foot, was clearly outside the box. It's not a penalty. And these are the 'experts'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Usually ignore his Celtic cheerleading...but never realised what a b***end Chris Sutton is until listening to 5 live tonight.

Unreal so he was, couldn't believe the nonsense he was spouting about Wilshere. A good panel overall though and Chapman is probably the most talented football host in the English media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Usually ignore his Celtic cheerleading...but never realised what a b***end Chris Sutton is until listening to 5 live tonight.

absolute clown of a pundit, knows about as much as local drunk in pub

This may have already been discussed but I got back from holiday the other day and am experiencing the channel5 championship show for the first time (recorded them while I was away).

During the Rotherham game they referred to Gestede as a French international who scored two goals last season...

4 hours ago, chappy said:

This may have already been discussed but I got back from holiday the other day and am experiencing the channel5 championship show for the first time (recorded them while I was away).

During the Rotherham game they referred to Gestede as a French international who scored two goals last season...

It's awful. I record it, following morning skip the villa watch the goals and then turn off, tried to watch the whole show once and just couldn't.

Bring back linekars smugness anyday

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've said it before but what are you expecting for 90 minutes in which they have to show 30 odd games...MOTD shows 6 games in the same period.

It's the same on SKY.

To be fair, that's a self imposed handicap. Channel 5 could have made two separate shows - one for the Championship only and the other for the rest of the football league. They could even run them simultaneously on 5 and 5* if they wanted.

No one asked them to cram 30 games into 90 mins. There's some big teams with large fanbases in our league. In addition to Villa we have Leeds, Newcastle, Derby, Forest, Wolves, Wednesday....

They must have spent a fair bit of money acquiring the rights, so with such limited TV access to live game, surely everyone wins if they make a proper show?  

• Like 2

Â