Media and punditry

BOF

Ryan bloody Giggs on MNF. Jeez, SKY really is a 'old boys club' brigade. Really looks after the 'network'

Makes me sick/cringe. Trouble is i like football too much but the ones they have on the panel and so called experts of Merson, Nicholas, Thompson, Le Tissier do my head in. You watch Allardyce turn up on the panel soon!!!!

On 10/17/2016 at 21:01, imavillan said:

Ryan bloody Giggs on MNF. Jeez, SKY really is a 'old boys club' brigade. Really looks after the 'network'

Makes me sick/cringe. Trouble is i like football too much but the ones they have on the panel and so called experts of Merson, Nicholas, Thompson, Le Tissier do my head in. You watch Allardyce turn up on the panel soon!!!!

I'm not sure how anyone watches any of the match punditry on skysports. Most of it is just clichés and analysis that's as deep as the shallow end of a baby pool. I turn over as soon as the Ref blows the whistle. 

The Guardian match report also said there were (some) positives to take from the game for City. I didn't watch it, so I don't know if it's nonsense or not, but quite a lot of people seem to be saying it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline suggests. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Guardian match report also said there were (some) positives to take from the game for City. I didn't watch it, so I don't know if it's nonsense or not, but quite a lot of people seem to be saying it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline suggests. 

I wonder what positives you can take from a 4-0 whopping?

the problem is that if you want to take positives from city playing ok and creating chances then you also have to emphasise how bad the errors were that lead to the 4 goals (and even the missed pen)

the problem with that is the media arent interested in several of the errors, more than one of them by the world class £50m english CB, they are interested in 1 error 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2016 at 14:30, rodders0223 said:

When you hear Phil Neville try and analyze a game it is perfectly clear why Valencia and United were so horrific whilst he was assistant. Blimey. Embarrassed for the lad.

Neville's player ratings for City against Barcelona :

Neville's City player ratings (out of 10)
Claudio Bravo: The red card cost his team dearly in the second half 4
Pablo Zabaleta: The defender had a tough evening against Neymar and then limped off injured 6
Nicolas Otamendi: It was difficult night for the centre-back up against the movement of Suarez 6
John Stones: Played well for 60 minutes but got frustrated in the last half hour 6
Aleksandar Kolarov: The full-back was steady on the left against Messi 6
Ilkay Gundogan: The German midfielder made a horrendous mistake for the third goal 5
Fernandinho: The Brazilian made a poor mistake for the first goal when he slipped 5
David Silva: The playmaker had a poor night and misplaced too many passes 6
Nolito: The winger was sacrificed when Bravo was sent off. He caused problems for Mascherano in the second half 6
Raheem Sterling: The winger showed glimpses of brilliance and frustration - he didn't get the service he wanted 6
Kevin de Bruyne: The Belgian was the best player for City - he made fantastic runs 8

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Neville's player ratings for City against Barcelona :

Neville's City player ratings (out of 10)
Claudio Bravo: The red card cost his team dearly in the second half 4
Pablo Zabaleta: The defender had a tough evening against Neymar and then limped off injured 6
Nicolas Otamendi: It was difficult night for the centre-back up against the movement of Suarez 6
John Stones: Played well for 60 minutes but got frustrated in the last half hour 6
Aleksandar Kolarov: The full-back was steady on the left against Messi 6
Ilkay Gundogan: The German midfielder made a horrendous mistake for the third goal 5
Fernandinho: The Brazilian made a poor mistake for the first goal when he slipped 5
David Silva: The playmaker had a poor night and misplaced too many passes 6
Nolito: The winger was sacrificed when Bravo was sent off. He caused problems for Mascherano in the second half 6
Raheem Sterling: The winger showed glimpses of brilliance and frustration - he didn't get the service he wanted 6
Kevin de Bruyne: The Belgian was the best player for City - he made fantastic runs 8

A lot of 6/10's for a 4-0 drubbing, doesn't make much sense.

Anyone else listen to 5Live? Collymore was co-hosting and he was full of BS. Said that his one worry about Bruce was that if we lost a couple of games in a row the fans would turn on him because of his SHA connection and that he has to do more to impress us because of that SHA connection. For a so-called Villa fan it's pathetic hearing him spouting this mythical rubbish.

Oh yeah, and he spent the entire show touting Allardyce for the Sunderland job despite having been sacked from the England job in disgrace.

45 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Anyone else listen to 5Live? Collymore was co-hosting and he was full of BS. Said that his one worry about Bruce was that if we lost a couple of games in a row the fans would turn on him because of his SHA connection and that he has to do more to impress us because of that SHA connection. For a so-called Villa fan it's pathetic hearing him spouting this mythical rubbish.

Oh yeah, and he spent the entire show touting Allardyce for the Sunderland job despite having been sacked from the England job in disgrace.

Collymore is a terrible pundit  regardless if he is a villa fan.  Full of opinionated nonsense. Why did he leave Talkshite? It wasn't a protest move like Colin Murray over the Sky take over?

On 01/10/2016 at 16:33, Mantis said:

Dion Dublin talking absolute shit on Final Score. He seems to be living in some sort of parallel universe where RDM was given peanuts to spend.

He should only be allowed on Final Score if he is in the background sitting cross legged on a cushion playing the Dube. Then I would watch it.

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Collymore is a terrible pundit  regardless if he is a villa fan.  Full of opinionated nonsense. Why did he leave Talkshite? It wasn't a protest move like Colin Murray over the Sky take over?

Aren't pundits supposed to be full of opinion? Surely that is better than pundits who sit on the fence and don'5 offer one because they don't have any (Owen) or they don't want to upset their mates (see all ex Utd and Liverpool players). 

Irrespective of if I agree with Collymore or not, I frequently don't as it happens, at least he has and offers his own views.

As for Talksport, he was out of contract. A new one was offered and then withdrawn following the News Corp takeover it would appear because of his views on The Sun.

So him being opinionated cost him his job, which is partly why so many others refuse to offer real views. 

I like him for having the balls to do so.

• Like 4

There are about a million things I don't like about Collymore, but his stance on the S*n makes up for the vast majority of them. 

Just in case it isn't clear, **** the Sun and **** their stupid campaign to get Lineker sacked for retweeting something. 

• Like 3

Â