Media and punditry

BOF

On 14/08/2016 at 14:10, HanoiVillan said:

Channel 5 are dismal, and everything they touch turns to shit. It was crap when Richard Desmond had it, and used the same single-minded dedication to quality that he has displayed in his years of ownership of the Daily Express to drag it firmly into the shit, and Viacom have done nothing to change that, nor will they. We're talking about a channel that is literally following highlights of the cricket today, with, at 8 o'clock on a Sunday evening, a show called 'Monkeys Make You Laugh Out Loud'. 

At least in the Dawn Airey era of 'films, football and ****' football was center stage. And there's more artistic merit in Shannon Whirry's tits than there is viral videos of monkeys, that's for sure. 

I dunno- I used to like their amercian sports coverage. MLB on five was good fun with Johnny Gould. Still miss it- had to record it on long play VHS and watch it the next day! 

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I dunno- I used to like their amercian sports coverage. MLB on five was good fun with Johnny Gould. Still miss it- had to record it on long play VHS and watch it the next day! 

Ooh. Don't get me started on baseball coverage. I'll go on for hours....;)

(Not really)

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I completely agree. Their NFL coverage was great. I used to stay up all night watching Mike Carlson and whoever the host was chatting about games. Sadly, they used to show absolutely no adverts, which meant the shows cost a fortune to run. It's a miracle they lasted as long as they did. 

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I completely agree. Their NFL coverage was great. I used to stay up all night watching Mike Carlson and whoever the host was chatting about games. Sadly, they used to show absolutely no adverts, which meant the shows cost a fortune to run. It's a miracle they lasted as long as they did. 

It couldn't have cost much-it was basically a live feed and a camera in a broom cupboard. But they had knowledgeable people on the shows and a bit of anarchic fun due to them being on the middle of the night. Much missed!

• Like 1

Higginbottom talking absolute billhooks on sky

just explain 3 "great examples" of play from lesta, only to finish with "nothing came of it" "again nothing came of it" & "I know nothing came of it"

Higginbottom, Dowie, Wilkins are all useless.

May as well employ Gaby

• 2 weeks later...

An underlying theme now of certain pundits and presenters wanting to stick the boot into Leicester and Ranieri. Cannot wait for the rags to riches to rags story. We love building them up, but we love knocking them down more.

Started a few weeks ago when Lawrenson said "Morgan looks like he enjoyed the summer too much." Now questioning certains players desire and hunger.

Leicestee losing at United and Chelsea isn't cause for an inquest. Normal service is resumed. Move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

An underlying theme now of certain pundits and presenters wanting to stick the boot into Leicester and Ranieri. Cannot wait for the rags to riches to rags story. We love building them up, but we love knocking them down more.

Started a few weeks ago when Lawrenson said "Morgan looks like he enjoyed the summer too much." Now questioning certains players desire and hunger.

Leicestee losing at United and Chelsea isn't cause for an inquest. Normal service is resumed. Move on.

Raise, praise and erase.  To be fair Leicester's season is basically enjoying the Champions League and getting as far as they can, whilst staying mid-table at lowest.

Savage and Sutton on BT Sport again FFS

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

sky reporting a 19% drop in PL viewing figures

In UK or worldwide? I moved recently and didn't get the more expensive sport package that includes PL. Don't miss it one bit and I'm fine with just having the spanish and italian leagues.

Â