Media and punditry

BOF

Andy Gray was a very good pundit and analysis when he worked on Sky I thought before the sexist issue, bit too critical of referees but him and Martin Tyler were a very good combination.

Can't stand Platt but he rarely appears nowadays.

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think its more than most pundits are shit, some of them just happen to have played for us.

I would agree with this, although I'd also add that most pundits don't really get much chance not to be shit on British TV. 

Both the BBC and Sky reported that James Chester could not play this weekend. Yet both Wyness and the official club feed have stated that he can because he was registered in time.

Can anybody explain to me what the point of our media is these days?

At least Dr Tony seems to be on a one-man mission to expose every made-up story they concoct.

They really are full of shit aren't they? Just watching Final Score and that bald squeaky guy was going on about how we pursued Pearson but Derby "nicked him". I'm pretty sure it was a case of Xia not fancying him much and going for Di Matteo instead.

Clueless words removed.

2 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

The football league show on channel 5 was horrible last night, Gary Megson was annoying.

This show is utterly appalling.  I mean people used to moan about MOTD but that looks like a multi Oscar winning Hollywood blockbuster compared to this. 

They don't give any game more than a minute or two. It's like being last on MOTD when you are the feature game. I guess this is the problem with a 1hr show filled with adverts to cover 20 odd games.  Pundits are dreadful, really really bad. 

I used to quite like the BBC football league coverage with Manish. They have sold their souls for a few extra quid from channel 5 but cheapened their brand. 

Edited by sidcow

What you have to remember is they have 90 mins to show 36 games across three divisions....MOTD have 90 mins to show 6/7 games.

It does itsjob...you have to remember BBC used to have Claridge as a main pundit who is awful and can barely string a sentence together. It's not a huge amount different to what the BBC put out bar the adverts....One main game, another game that Sky showed with extended highlights and then the rest of games averaging a minute.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What you have to remember is they have 90 mins to show 36 games across three divisions....MOTD have 90 mins to show 6/7 games.

It does itsjob...you have to remember BBC used to have Claridge as a main pundit who is awful and can barely string a sentence together. It's not a huge amount different to what the BBC put out bar the adverts....One main game, another game that Sky showed with extended highlights and then the rest of games averaging a minute.

Exactly, and whilst the overall production value of the show may be poor, at least we're going to get decent highlights of the majority of games this season. 

Its crap but at least it exists and I'm grateful for that.

The football league website does longer highlights I think of non tv matches....

Follow Walsall so they usually get 30 seconds-1 min on Channel 5 but usually there's a video posted a day or two later about 2-3 mins of the game.

We'll be on Sky plenty of times this season, I'm not too worried about it.

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This show is utterly appalling.  I mean people used to moan about MOTD but that looks like a multi Oscar winning Hollywood blockbuster compared to this. 

They don't give any game more than a minute or two. It's like being last on MOTD when you are the feature game. I guess this is the problem with a 1hr show filled with adverts to cover 20 odd games.  Pundits are dreadful, really really bad. 

I used to quite like the BBC football league coverage with Manish. They have sold their souls for a few extra quid from channel 5 but cheapened their brand. 

Channel 5 are dismal, and everything they touch turns to shit. It was crap when Richard Desmond had it, and used the same single-minded dedication to quality that he has displayed in his years of ownership of the Daily Express to drag it firmly into the shit, and Viacom have done nothing to change that, nor will they. We're talking about a channel that is literally following highlights of the cricket today, with, at 8 o'clock on a Sunday evening, a show called 'Monkeys Make You Laugh Out Loud'. 

At least in the Dawn Airey era of 'films, football and ****' football was center stage. And there's more artistic merit in Shannon Whirry's tits than there is viral videos of monkeys, that's for sure. 

One game into the Premier League, and the Ibrahimovic fapping from the commentator is already grinding my gears.

And call him Ibrahimovic and not Zlatan please, unless you plan to call all players solely by their first names.

RUpn8q4.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I have nostalgic memories of their Uefa cup productions...

In fairness they gave good coverage of us last time we had a proper Uefa cup run in 08/09 pretty much all our games that season they covered including qualifiers.

Well 2008 was 2BD (Before Desmond) so no surprise it was less shit then. 

Â