Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, DCJonah said:

Why? As a defender he hasn't been too bad. 

I've criticised when he's been piss poor and will again in the future. 

Thanks for the online meet up offer though. 

Way out of position to allow Lambert the space for his goal. Yes it was a Westwood error to start, but awful positioning played a part from Hutton.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

Way out of position to allow Lambert the space for his goal. Yes it was a Westwood error to start, but awful positioning played a part from Hutton.

Blaming anyone but westwood for that goal is laughable. 

His positioning probably wasn't great but I don't he was expecting westwood to be so shit in the position he was in. 

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

His manager and especially his fellow players will appreciate him as they understand what he is doing for the good of the team unlike some clueless fans.  

So we're back to the 'you don't get football if you don't rate Westwood'

Haha.

I thought he'd actually have to play well before this chestnut came out again. 

Edited by DCJonah

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Blaming anyone but westwood for that goal is laughable. 

His positioning probably wasn't great but I don't he was expecting westwood to be so shit in the position he was in. 

A grandad striker got inside him. Something a lot of player have managed consistently. Rather Bacuna was at right back and that's saying something.

But let's keep the vendetta going against Westwood. It's fun.

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah haha, it's hilarious how a villa player is 'piss poor' haha.

It is hilarious and worrying that he has played so many times for the club when he is utter shit.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha.

I finally get it.

His contribution to the team is being so unbelievably shit that all his teammates feel better about their own ability and therefore more confident.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha.

Back to what now?  Just because somebody is a football fan and posts on forum doesnt mean they know anything about football, its got nothing to with Westy. Wow some people are just obsessed with talking bollox. Im out ;)

11 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

His manager and especially his fellow players will appreciate him as they understand what he is doing for the good of the team unlike some clueless fans.  

You may be right. Personally I don't think you are. But,insulting fans who have a different viewpoint, isn't the best way to argue a case.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meregreen said:

You may be right. Personally I don't think you are. But,insulting fans who have a different viewpoint, isn't the best way to argue a case.

Insulting players that play for your team may not be the best way to get positive perfomances out of them....... 

28 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Good teams address their weaknesses, even when they are winning. If they don't, then eventually that winning comes to an end. Hutton and Westwood are both inherent weaknesses in our team.  

I said a week or so ago in transfer thread Hutton and Westwood key replacements priority.

Would like someone like Hourihane from Barnsley. Right age, tackles, intercepts and has a few long range shots in his locker. I think he's fairly decent corner taker as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can we sell the booing fans in January? Id be happy to give them a free tansfer and even pay some of their wages for them to bugga off to another club. Preferably Birmingham or West Brom

Give them to small heath on a free transfer. They are doing them more favours than us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I said a week or so ago in transfer thread Hutton and Westwood key replacements priority.

Would like someone like Hourihane from Barnsley. Right age, tackles, intercepts and has a few long range shots in his locker. I think he's fairly decent corner taker as well

Hourihane would be a great signing.  Old school central midfielder.  Think he is out of contract in the summer too, so Barnsley might look at a reasonable offer. 

• Like 1

Westwood had a poor first half today but played well in the second.

I don't understand the hatred for him on this site. He is one of the best midfielders we have (out of only 4 or 5) and so he will be selected most weeks until we strengthen the position. 

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You know what is really sad?

We're on a 7 game unbeaten run and the usual suspects are still contributing to the most toxic thread on Villatalk. The same idiots are still wishing physical harm on Westwood. The same brainless clearings in the woods are booing him at home games.

Can it really continue until he leaves? What if he isn't sold in January? It carries on and on?

Honestly, this continued spiteful, toxic circlejerk is pathetic.

Though I agree that the toxicity is bad, some people are just giving their opinion of how poor her is/ can be, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You look at our team right now, and even considering the 7 game unbeaten run, this game would still get battered in the Premier League, so people are right to look for weaknesses and areas to improve. No one wants a hard fight for promotion, just to drop back down in embarrassing circumstances again.

Some of the posts you'be replied to don't seem that toxic. The crylaugh 'he's piss poor' post, for example. It's just gallows humour isn't it? Something we've done for many years and will do for many more until we actually do something noteworthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Though I agree that the toxicity is bad, some people are just giving their opinion of how poor her is/ can be, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You look at our team right now, and even considering the 7 game unbeaten run, this game would still get battered in the Premier League, so people are right to look for weaknesses and areas to improve. No one wants a hard fight for promotion, just to drop back down in embarrassing circumstances again.

Some of the posts you'be replied to don't seem that toxic. The crylaugh 'he's piss poor' post, for example. It's just gallows humour isn't it? Something we've done for many years and will do for many more until we actually do something noteworthy.

And that's fine Rob. But during every game, people are booing him, during and every game people are wishing physical harm on him, and then after the game in here, it's the same posts from the same people. It permeates down. My post wasn't just about here; here is just an aspect of it. 

All about context. Sure, I agree that 'he's piss poor :crylaugh:' on its own isn't that bad, but when when it's been 5 years of the same tripe, it's toxic. Vitriolic, as Paddywhack said.

• Like 1