Ashley Westwood

Nabby

7 hours ago, KSV said:

He played better today. I still don't think he's good enough as hes inconsistent.. he had one really nice ball out to Adomah. I was like wow was that from Westwood. With his fitness he should always be pressing like that in midfield... Especially since he can't tackle. I don't think he or Gardener are good enough to be in our starting side to get us promoted.

If we get promoted with those two playing, we will be promoted in spite of them, not because of them.

• Like 1

He did all the donkey work last night and worked his bollox off which was a big reason why we kept getting so much space. I thought he had a really good game apart from being pushed off the ball a couple of times and I see that performance as a confidence builder for him and I hope he keeps improving.

Watching him bounce off opposition players proves he's still not strong enough to be a disruptive midfielder, but generally thought he did well. His best game in quite a while, in fact. Hopefully he'll gain some confidence from this and push on, and since it seems likely that he's part of Bruce's plan for the near future having him confident will benefit the whole team.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He made 0 tackles. Made 0 interceptions. Had the lowest pass completion of any of our midfield players and touched the ball the same amount as Jordan Ayew, who played 35 minutes. And according to whoscored he was the lowest rated player from both sides. 

He worked hard. That's about it. 

I'm not Westwood's biggest fan, but 'according to Whoscored' Alan Hutton had a better game than Grealish.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I'm not Westwood's biggest fan, but 'according to Whoscored' Alan Hutton had a better game than Grealish.

whoscored is a massive pile of wank

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Their rating system is based on stats. Over 90 minutes Hutton probably did get a higher rating over Jacks 25 mins. 

It might not look pretty but Hutton made clearances, won some headers and was generally involved in the game in his defensive role. 

41 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Their rating system is based on stats. Over 90 minutes Hutton probably did get a higher rating over Jacks 25 mins. 

It might not look pretty but Hutton made clearances, won some headers and was generally involved in the game in his defensive role. 

Okay, and Mile Jedinak won 0 headers? That's what Whoscored's stats are telling me.

Like I said I'm not Westwood's biggest fan, but anyone who watched the game could see he was clearly not the worst player on the pitch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Okay, and Mile Jedinak won 0 headers? That's what Whoscored's stats are telling me.

Like I said I'm not Westwood's biggest fan, but anyone who watched the game could see he was clearly not the worst player on the pitch.

No they're saying he didn't win any aerial duels. Heading the ball is not that. 

Probably not the worst, but he wasn't good and was barely involved. He ran around a lot, but a professional athlete should be able to do that. 

15 hours ago, KSV said:

He played better today. I still don't think he's good enough as hes inconsistent.. he had one really nice ball out to Adomah. I was like wow was that from Westwood. With his fitness he should always be pressing like that in midfield... Especially since he can't tackle. I don't think he or Gardener are good enough to be in our starting side to get us promoted.

ditto

I'll repost what I posted in the match thread because it doesn't matter what happens in the 2nd half with the team or him.

Yep. Doesn't deserve the disgraceful behaviour he has towards towards him (booing onto the pitch, wishing harm on him) but I think it's best for all parties if he goes.

And the above shows yet another example of vile comments. It's a **** game. Wishing physical harm on someone because of a meaningless game. **** hell.

• Like 4