Ashley Westwood

Nabby

18 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Me neither. even when he made the mistake. Not sure why people keep banging on about the boos. 

Because they keep **** happening. Just because you don't hear them doesn't mean they aren't happening.

Jesus **** Christ.

just out of interest

which is better?

Ashley Westwood loses posession which directly leads to a goal.

1) Booing?

2) you useless c-unit?

3) F*** **f?

4) Wankle rotary engine?

5) Tw** ?

6) etc...........?

34 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Didn't hear any boo`s for him saturday

26 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Me neither. even when he made the mistake. Not sure why people keep banging on about the boos. 

Upper Holte, K7 and K6.

There were plenty. Believe me.

Also the first 15 minutes was one of the sloppiest games of the season in terms of the ball bouncing around midfield, misplaced passes etc.
Nothing was said apart from a few grumbles and "Get it down and play it" etc.
Then as soon as Westwood was the one to misplace a pass some of the fans were like a pack of rabid dogs foaming at the mouth.

If I hadn't expected it I'd have been shocked.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

just out of interest

which is better?

Ashley Westwood loses posession which directly leads to a goal.

1) Booing?

2) you useless c-unit?

3) F*** **f?

4) Wankle rotary engine?

5) Tw** ?

6) etc...........?

It isn't this.

He has been booed ONTO the pitch at various home games. 

It's brainless and cowardly.

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

ok

my point was more

booing or calling him a word removed for being a shite footballer?

Both are stupid, especially when a player is literally walking onto the pitch.

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Upper Holte, K7 and K6.

There were plenty. Believe me.

Also the first 15 minutes was one of the sloppiest games of the season in terms of the ball bouncing around midfield, misplaced passes etc.
Nothing was said apart from a few grumbles and "Get it down and play it" etc.
Then as soon as Westwood was the one to misplace a pass some of the fans were like a pack of rabid dogs foaming at the mouth.

If I hadn't expected it I'd have been shocked.

I don't know why you keep banging on about it.

1 minute ago, ChrisVillan said:

I don't know why you keep banging on about it.

Because it's a **** awful thing to do to a footballer who is just trying his hardest. It's not his fault he's not good enough and keeps getting selected. It's like putting you in the midfield and you being booed, called all the words under the sun and "fans" on this forum hoping you break your leg (which is OK apparently). Just because you're not good enough. It's sick and appalling. He wears a villa shirt... He gets the backing of the villa fans: that's how it should be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Both are stupid, especially when a player is literally walking onto the pitch.

like I said in another post (possibly in another thread too)

different people have different thresholds for their frustrations.

I've never booed (and I've been in the stadium when weve been relegated twice) and never will.

But I hate and dispose the culprits of our demise.

Some hurl abuse, some boo.

which is worse? was my point

Just now, Grasshopper said:

like I said in another post (possibly in another thread too)

different people have different thresholds for their frustrations.

I've never booed (and I've been in the stadium when weve been relegated twice) and never will.

But I hate and dispose the culprits of our demise.

Some hurl abuse, some boo.

which is worse? was my point

I have literally no idea what your point is. 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

It's barely audible unless you sit next to them and no one defends or condones it. I'm also not sure why it keeps getting mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Because they keep **** happening. Just because you don't hear them doesn't mean they aren't happening.

Jesus **** Christ.

I wouldn't let it get to you. certainly not this much. 

I went the game yesterday for the first time in a long time and one of the things I took note of was this and I didn't hear a thing. And I wasn't too far from Steveo.

Even when he **** up there really wasn't anything of note as the crowd were that convinced that lambert was offside.

Honestly, the crowds response to Westwood yesterday was probably the only thing more anonymous than his performance ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

It really is inconsistent this football fan lark. I don't remember too many times where Emile Heskey didn't try his best..... nor did he do the club harm. Yet he was constantly criticised by the fans and nobody battered an eyelid. 

Actually I always found the intense criticism of Heskey a bit much, particularly any personal jibes. Same here. 

I don't think Westwood is very good but I also don't think he deserves to be personally attacked or especially booed. 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Actually I always found the intense criticism of Heskey a bit much, particularly any personal jibes. Same here. 

I don't think Westwood is very good but I also don't think he deserves to be personally attacked or especially booed. 

There weren't many that did but fair enough if you weren't one. He certainly wasn't defended anywhere near the level Westwood is (I remember well as I used to defend him). He certainly offered a lot more than Westwood imo.

I feel the booing is a bit of a moot point on here as I'm not aware of any posters who do boo him?