Ashley Westwood

Nabby

3 hours ago, DK82 said:

Hutton, Bacuna, Richards, Gollini, Amavi and Baker are a few who have done the same over the past few years.

Hutton continues to.

Baker is probably an example of a player who has overcome mistakes, Clark too - although he has gone.

None have suffered a vendetta like this. I think even Lescott suffered less.

None have been as shit for so long. Baker being young had the chance to come back stronger. Westwood is not improving at this point in his career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

None have been as shit for so long. Baker being young had the chance to come back stronger. Westwood is not improving at this point in his career. 

He actually seems to be making more errors in the championship than he ever did in the premier league. He's already showing signs of regressing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

He actually seems to be making more errors in the championship than he ever did in the premier league. He's already showing signs of regressing. 

That would probably be down to a total lack of confidence I imagine.

He's gone from someone you hardly notice to someone who always has eyes on his every move. Don't think he's at all comfortable with that.

Touched the ball less than any other outfield player who played the whole game. Once again just not involved. 

Oh and in 180 minutes of football he's made 1 tackle, 0 interceptions and won 0 aerial battles, while having a pretty piss poor pass completion percentage. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yes. I'm not even sure how it's argued against at this point. 

Unsure who is?

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

He really is piss poor isn't he :crylaugh:

Yeah haha, it's hilarious how a villa player is 'piss poor' haha.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Plenty claimed he was good last week and decent this week. 

Blimey, 'decent'. That's a real commendation of his talents.

How dare they. How dare people not contribute to an increasingly toxic echo chamber.

So, any opinion that is more positive than 'piss poor' is now considered outlandish by some. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Blimey, 'decent'. That's a real commendation of his talents.

How dare they. How dare people not contribute to an increasingly toxic echo chamber.

So, any opinion that is more positive than 'piss poor' is now considered outlandish by some. 

They can contribute what they like, it's up to them. You asked me who was arguing against him being piss poor, I answered. You've gone off on a rant.

Not sure what you want me to do.  

Always thought the criticism was OTT. Didn't see game. Listened to last 30 mins radio stream so looked at game stats. 1 tackle 0 shots 0 key passes 64% pass success 35 touches. Jedinak 89 touches. 

Hard to argue the above figures are nothing short of pathetic

• Like 1

You know what is really sad?

We're on a 7 game unbeaten run and the usual suspects are still contributing to the most toxic thread on Villatalk. The same idiots are still wishing physical harm on Westwood. The same brainless clearings in the woods are booing him at home games.

Can it really continue until he leaves? What if he isn't sold in January? It carries on and on?

Honestly, this continued spiteful, toxic circlejerk is pathetic.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Always thought the criticism was OTT. Didn't see game. Listened to last 30 mins radio stream so looked at game stats. 1 tackle 0 shots 0 key passes 64% pass success 35 touches. Jedinak 89 touches. 

Hard to argue the above figures are nothing short of pathetic

Very similar to last week. 

A pretty appalling 180 minutes of football. 

He was decent last week, he was all over the pitch creating space for others and pressuring the opposition and involved in some lovely interplay, oh but he got out muscled a couple of times so that means he must of been shit. Clueless fans are clueless !!

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

He was decent last week, he was all over the pitch creating space for others and pressuring the opposition and involved in some lovely interplay, oh but he got out muscled a couple of times so that means he must of been shit. Clueless fans are clueless !!

He worked hard. 

But he barely touched the ball, made no tackles or interceptions and his pass completion was pretty poor. 

Your last sentence is 100% right. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You know what is really sad?

We're on a 7 game unbeaten run and the usual suspects are still contributing to the most toxic thread on Villatalk. The same idiots are still wishing physical harm on Westwood. The same brainless clearings in the woods are booing him at home games.

Can it really continue until he leaves? What if he isn't sold in January? It carries on and on?

Honestly, this continued spiteful, toxic circlejerk is pathetic.

Criticism for shit performances will probably stop when the shit performances do. I'm not holding my breath for westwood. 

I'd imagine those that boo have gone too far to fully turn round with him. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Criticism for shit performances will probably stop when the shit performances do. I'm not holding my breath for westwood. 

I'd imagine those that boo have gone too far to fully turn round with him. 

I'll meet you in the Hutton thread as well then?

People pulling stats out all of a sudden. Opening game of the season he had 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 1 blocked shot, 3 shots, 1 key pass and 85% pass completion and was still classed as shit by the regulars in here.  He is doing a job for the manager and playing a completely different role which is helping his team mates get more space and stopping the opposition getting through us as easily as before. 

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

I'll meet you in the Hutton thread as well then?

Why? As a defender he hasn't been too bad. 

I've criticised when he's been piss poor and will again in the future. 

Thanks for the online meet up offer though. 

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

People pulling stats out all of a sudden. Opening game of the season he had 4 tackles, 3 interceptions, 1 blocked shot, 3 shots, 1 key pass and 85% pass completion and was still classed as shit by the regulars in here.  He is doing a job for the manager and playing a completely different role which is helping his team mates get more space and stopping the opposition getting through us as easily as before. 

I thought he started the season quite well, can't remember the game but do remember being impressed with him early on. He got worse and has continued that trend.