Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood is one of those players who everyone loves to hate. I have always thought he was OK but not spectacular. He put a very decent performance in today and I do think he has scope to improve if played in the right way. Personally I think he will be excellent for us next season in the Championship.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think he's massively underrated on here. Not that I think he's that good mind you but he really isn't that bad and on the list of players that should be sold he's pretty low down the list.

Underrated?

He's been talked about like he's been our version of carrick. It used to said that you didn't understand football if you didn't appreciate him 

Easily the most overrated player on here over the last few years. It's only come to a screeching halt this season as it's become obvious. 

No doubt two goals will set it all off again 

• Like 1

For every one Carrick comparison there has always been two or three assertions that he's absolute dog shit. I don't think you can say he's overrated. But on the other hand, people sure do love to argue about him. It's always surprised me just how much he's divided opinion. I think he's pretty damn average. I had hopes that he would have improved, but it appears he does need better players around him.

That said, I've never questioned his attitude, which is more than I can say for most of the guys in our shirt these days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Underrated?

He's been talked about like he's been our version of carrick. It used to said that you didn't understand football if you didn't appreciate him 

Easily the most overrated player on here over the last few years. It's only come to a screeching halt this season as it's become obvious. 

No doubt two goals will set it all off again 

Most of the time all I seem to see is people going on about how terrible he is.

On 16 April 2016 at 21:36, ferguson1 said:

Really remember the Swansea away game recently, Leon Britton came on at half time and ran the show in the second half.  Westwood hasn't controlled any game since his time in a Villa shirt!  Neat and tidy just isn't enough for me.  Doesn't score goals, doesn't create goals, doesn't dictate play - what's the point?  The only thing that will keep him here for at least another season is that there is a whole load of shite ahead of him that we need to remove first. 

Congratulations to him but I still stand by what I said above, regardless of today.  Our other midfielders can't hit a barn door and a couple of goals over a 38 game season isn't good enough.  Should be a squad player at best next season.

Thinking of changing my name from sidcow to westiegivesmewood.  My new hero and I take back everything I have ever said against him. He is the end of a leg for me 

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

I disagree, and the goals he scored to do have got **** all to do with how I rate him.

He does nothing well, his form has been dismal this season, and he hasn't exactly pulled up any trees any of the time he's been here.

• Like 1

Would have been nice if he'd scored some goals before we were mathematically relegated, but never mind. 

FWIW I think he's about accurately rated on here at this point, ie most people realise he's shit and ineffective but professional and not disruptive. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thinking of changing my name from sidcow to westiegivesmewood.  My new hero and I take back everything I have ever said against him. He is the end of a leg for me 

Bring the player of the season awards back.