Ashley Westwood

Nabby

7 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

He'd thrive with better players around him, he looked a much better player next to Delph last season. It's a shame the rest of our current midfielders are total garbage.  

If by 'last season' you mean about 3-4 games around the time of (and including) the semi-final, then yes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Seriously, you've lost the plot.

Do you forget we're a Championship team next season, or? He's one of the few players who seem to give a shit and can definitely do a job in that league even only as a squad player. So yes, I'd keep him for next season, you're the one who seems to have lost the plot for vehemently hating a player who's done nothing to deserve it, and let that cloud your judgement.

• Like 4

We are not going to be able to get rid of our whole squad in one summer. The bad eggs must go first. that is the priority. Inevitably our more high profile foreigners will leave at the same time. Selling Westwood is not a priority . Too shit for the prem? Yes. Too shit for the championship? No. He behaves himself. He plays like he cares. So he has a role to play next season. He should be at the bottom of the list to sell along with Hutton Clark cissokho Sanchez gestede. All shit but at least try ffs. I'm not saying I want to keep them because they are great players but they aren't a selling priority

This is absolutely right. We are not going to be in a position to pick and choose so getting rid of everyone is simply not going to happen - and Westwood genuinely seems to care. We need more like him.

We all know he isn't a top Premiership midfielder but he has some key ingredients we are massively lacking at this club. He isn't out partying, you don't hear any of any controversies surrounding him (apart from his team mates surrounding him on the pitch - loads of controversies there!), he always gives it his all and he is a level headed character. He is the mould of a Leicester player - fought to play at a higher level from the lower leagues and goes about his business with effort and professionalism. If we had more players with these kind of "soft skill" attributes that he possess we'd never be in the crap. 

He would be one of the few definite keepers for me for next season. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I genuinely think those 'in the game' i.e. managers and pundits appreciate him a lot more than fans, so I expect a new manager will be keen to have him heavily involved next season.

I remember one of the first matches of this season.  Jan Molby  was co-commentaring on Danish  tv. He actually said that Westwood would be the best player in the division if the played in the championship. Guess  we will  find out now. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mantis said:

And it's relevant because naturally players bring each other down.

Not naturally at all. Surrounded by shite makes it easier to stand out. Most certainly in terms of effort if not in quality and output. 

He hasn't stood out at all. 

Quoting that everyone else has been shit...... well you could apply that to everyone. 

We should keep everyone. Despite being shit, they've all been shit so.....

Just doesn't make sense.

Scott Parker stood out surrounded by shit.

Delph and Benteke did at villa.

Actual decent plays still perform well in shit teams. Even at our best (since westwood has been here) he's decent form has been extremely limited. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Not naturally at all. Surrounded by shite makes it easier to stand out. Most certainly in terms of effort if not in quality and output. 

He hasn't stood out at all. 

Quoting that everyone else has been shit...... well you could apply that to everyone. 

We should keep everyone. Despite being shit, they've all been shit so.....

Just doesn't make sense.

Scott Parker stood out surrounded by shit.

Delph and Benteke did at villa.

Actual decent plays still perform well in shit teams. Even at our best (since westwood has been here) he's decent form has been extremely limited. 

I certainly wasn't arguing he was brilliant or even good, just that poor performance this season doesn't really mean much in light of how shit virtually everyone else has been.

Woodytom, your just a wind up hater, a wind up hater and you can't teach that.

Badaboom, biggest troll in the room! How You Doin?!

and I've got one word to describe ya and I'm gonna Spell. It. Out. For. Ya! 

S A W F T

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Woodytom, your just a wind up hater, a wind up hater and you can't teach that.

Badaboom, biggest troll in the room! How You Doin?!

and I've got one word to describe ya and I'm gonna Spell. It. Out. For. Ya! 

S A W F T

Wtf are you on about?

26 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Then I'm a bit lost as to why you want to keep him.

I think he's ok - definitely good enough for the Championship and as I said before, would be ok as a squad player when/if we come back up.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

The last 4 seasons not a decent enough indication that this is probably well wide of the mark?

Why omit the first half of his post? Doesn't suit your agenda?