Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

He hasn't stood out at all. 

Quoting that everyone else has been shit...... well you could apply that to everyone. 

We should keep everyone. Despite being shit, they've all been shit so.....

Just doesn't make sense.

Couldn't agree more

It's quite clear what I meant, because another person posted exact the same thing as me.

44 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

We're going to be in a different league. We got relegated. 

It was quite clear that Mantis' post focused on him being a decent player for us in the Championship. Yet you totally omitted that part.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It was quite clear that Mantis' post focused on him being a decent player for us in the Championship. Yet you totally omitted that part.

I quoted the part that I thought was debateable. That's what we're here for. 

Fwiw, I don't think hel be decent in the champ either (I've said that many a time) but I don't have a lot of evidence to back that up. Unfortunately for us and westwood there is an abundance of evidence to suggest that hel be garbage if and when we come up. Which is why I debated mantis' point.

56 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The last 4 seasons not a decent enough indication that this is probably well wide of the mark?

First of all, the last 4 seasons have been in the Premier League. Secondly, he's been starting most of the time and if you read what I actually said you'll see that I believe he's probably only good enough to be a squad player. Thirdly, you can't really judge an individual on the performance of the entire team.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

First of all, the last 4 seasons have been in the Premier League. 

Yep. Not sure what your point is baring in mind I'm arguing your point of if/when we come back up.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Secondly, he's been starting most of the time and if you read what I actually said you'll see that I believe he's probably only good enough to be a squad player.

I did read it and I fully understood it. I have seen nothing in 4 years to suggest he'd be a decent squad player in a team that is not fighting relegation (surely where we want to be?)

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Thirdly, you can't really judge an individual on the performance of the entire team.

I haven't. You have. When you highlighted that everyone has been shit.

For 4 years I've judged westwood solely on his performances and my mind has never changed. The only thing that has changed is the increasing number of people who agree with me.

20 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yep. Not sure what your point is baring in mind I'm arguing your point of if/when we come back up.

I did read it and I fully understood it. I have seen nothing in 4 years to suggest he'd be a decent squad player in a team that is not fighting relegation (surely where we want to be?)

I haven't. You have. When you highlighted that everyone has been shit.

For 4 years I've judged westwood solely on his performances and my mind has never changed. The only thing that has changed is the increasing number of people who agree with me.

My point was that he's worth keeping for next season.

I disagree - I think he's an ok player although I don't think he's some sort of world-beater.

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

However my argument is to move away from trying to quantify how good or bad he is but to ask a simple question; do Guzan, Lescott, Richards, Bacuna, Richardson, Agbonlahor, Sanchez or Sinclair (in particular) add any more to our first team squad than Westwood does?

No. We want rid of them too.

• Like 2

Tidy couple of finishes Saturday and to be fair to him, he's one of about 3 players who at least look like they might give a shit. 

He's had better seasons than this, he's generally been either poor or anonymous, but then he's always looked better in better sides/performances. Would I want him starting in the Premier League? No. I'd definitely take him in the championship, if only because we can't/won't get rid of literally all of them and he's one of the better ones on talent and effort alone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

The point was 'if we came bk up'. Don't let that get in your way tho.

Whether he's good enough for the premiership, it doesn't matter for another year. We're going to need players next season and I think it's reasonable, having seen him play, to think the Championship will more be his level. When we've had a solid team he's just about held his own as a lower level premiership player. At the moment the team/squad is so unbalanced that a player like Westwood has been unable to hide his limitations—that doesn't mean we couldn't do with him next year. Of all the players we need to move on he's near the bottom of the list for me. 

• Like 2

I don't think he is good enough.

but because he is one that gives a shit......He might be one of the last I would move on.

sounds paradoxical, but the attitude has become a major factor.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1