Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, sne said:

Good in the first, a bit worse in the second half.

Pretty much the reverse of the game Gil had

I actually disagree completely.

I thought he was better in the second half by quite a distance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually disagree completely.

I thought he was better in the second half by quite a distance.

Think he gave the ball away far, far to many times, this was in a large part down to the lack of movement in the team

Credit where it's due I thought he was excellent today. Tracked back to help the defence and always looked to break forward with the ball, made some great passes and even had a couple of half-decent shots although they were straight at the GK. More of this please.

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sorry can't actually think of a civil reply !

check my previous posts in here!

edit: just noticed my last three are all calling him shit... i'm not being serious! I'm taking the piss out of certain comments made about him in the last few weeks (and months, and years)

Edited by a m ole

Thought he was really good today, much improved from earlier in the season.

My only complaint with him currently is he doesn't get in the box anywhere near enough. It's as if he feels that he can't compete physically so he shies away from the box, but just being in there would help as at the very least he's a nuisance for the defense. Garde should show him the chance he had v Leicester, where he tries a scissor kick, and tell him that's what happens when you get in the box, chances fall to you, one will eventually go your way.

Not just a problem with Westwood though, the same could be said of Gil and Veretout too.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

We need a better footballer  on the left than Westwood.Too often today the quality of the final ball was poor.Hes ok at keeping the ball, but his attempts today at any penetrative ball generally failed miserably.

The fact that some of us thought he was "superb", emphasises to me how poor we are atm.

• Like 1

We need a better footballer  on the left than Westwood.Too often today the quality of the final ball was poor.Hes ok at keeping the ball, but his attempts today at any penetrative ball generally failed miserably.

The fact that some of us thought he was "superb", emphasises to me how poor we are atm.

Comparing this post to the one you just posted in the Bacuna thread is pure comedy.

Care to explain Bunnski?

Westwood was picked ahead of Veretout today, not sure that was the best choice.

Bacuna was obviously picked ahead of veretout as Westwood has played as the left sided midfielder for the past 3 or 4 games. You say in the Bacuna thread that he did well defensively and that it's not his job to make things happen going forward, well Westwood was great in attack and defense today while Bacuna was terrible but you still decide to slate Westwood and make excuses for Bacuna, I find that funny as it's not a fair reflection on either player.