Ashley Westwood

Nabby

On 1/20/2016 at 01:01, theboyangel said:

there's a lot more wrong in the team than Westwood. I wish more players had his attitude on the pitch, maybe we'd perform better.

HIs attitude? He's a passenger, he hides, doesn't follow his man, doesn't tackle, can't even face someone when he is running into them to give away a stupid, pathetic penalty. He doesn't try to win the ball or tackle, (watch the Norwich Howson goal, just lets Redmond take his time to pick out the ball), he has no defensive nous, just chases after the ball like a 5 year old does in the playground. Even on the ball he's cowardly, he slows the game down, allowing opposition to regroup and get back into position. 

His attitude and demeanour screams coward.

If you disagree, give me an example of him attempting something brave. 

37 minutes ago, commander said:

and there was me thinking Benteke left at the end of last season?? And that we stopped wearing last seasons kit erm last season?

So, yes it appears this is a "highlights" package of 2 years worth of footage not 4. Apologies. So let's be generous, out of what, lets say 60 games and he can't muster up more 2 mins of footage? Embarrassing.

This video is appalling but the people in this thread defending him are even worse. You should be ashamed of yourselves; having watched him over the past 4 years and notice his lack of bottle, cowardlyness and general rubbishness to have any opinion other than he should never play for us again is absolutely astounding. He's not the only person to blame, far, far, far from it but he plays in the most important position on a football pitch in the centre of midfield 'protecting' the defense yet is as timid as a mouse. 

Wind your neck in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, commander said:

and there was me thinking Benteke left at the end of last season?? And that we stopped wearing last seasons kit erm last season?

So, yes it appears this is a "highlights" package of 2 years worth of footage not 4. Apologies. So let's be generous, out of what, lets say 60 games and he can't muster up more 2 mins of footage? Embarrassing.

This video is appalling but the people in this thread defending him are even worse. You should be ashamed of yourselves; having watched him over the past 4 years and notice his lack of bottle, cowardlyness and general rubbishness to have any opinion other than he should never play for us again is absolutely astounding. He's not the only person to blame, far, far, far from it but he plays in the most important position on a football pitch in the centre of midfield 'protecting' the defense yet is as timid as a mouse. 

JfR8ASj.png?1early contender for worst post of the year

• Like 2

8 hours ago, commander said:

HIs attitude? He's a passenger, he hides, doesn't follow his man, doesn't tackle, can't even face someone when he is running into them to give away a stupid, pathetic penalty. He doesn't try to win the ball or tackle, (watch the Norwich Howson goal, just lets Redmond take his time to pick out the ball), he has no defensive nous, just chases after the ball like a 5 year old does in the playground. Even on the ball he's cowardly, he slows the game down, allowing opposition to regroup and get back into position. 

not going to waste my time finding specifics but every thing you have written is just plainly untrue.

9 hours ago, commander said:

This video is appalling but the people in this thread defending him are even worse. You should be ashamed of yourselves

Ashamed of ourselves to have a different view than yours?

Go **** yourself.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, commander said:

I've seen him pass to Gabby at least three times in a match, that's pretty brave. Heck, he even trusts Nzog and Richardson!

I was always a fan or his potential contribution but this season I've had enough. I personally feel some of those criticising him are blaming him for our failure and some of those defending him don't actually appreciate what midfield balance is, individual and management.

Then there are others who say he's not doing much wrong but he's also not giving enough or using his talents properly, I'd be inclined to agree with them.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay