Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, Zatman said:

Im sorry oh so great footballing guru, we should all bow down to your superior knowledge

I think you're the guru mate.

You don't even have to watch football matches to decide who's to blame.

• Like 1

Not the worst of our players by a long chalk but pissed me off in the second half. Went to challenge for the ball and half heartedly stuck his leg out like he was dipping his toe in a bucket of hot water. No nuts in the tackle at all.

1 hour ago, Hanky said:

Good cross for the goal. Wasn't a good performance at all but better than the likes of Grealish and Sinclair.

These 3 particularly worry me going into a season in the Championship. 

didn't think Westwood did anything wrong tonight. Got on with his job and distributed the ball to our 'creative' players, Grealish, Sinclair and ayew.

unfortunately only the latter looked capable and bothered to do something with it.

I don't know what people expect from him, I don't see him as our creative outlet but someone capable of keeping possession and momentum going. Some castigate him, expecting pirlo-esque displays.

there's a lot more wrong in the team than Westwood. I wish more players had his attitude on the pitch, maybe we'd perform better.

• Like 3

That's got to be one of the most depressing highlight videos I've seen. The music was a perfect match. 

There were about 3 passes that I genuinely was impressed by. The rest were what should be considered pretty standard. Only at a club like ours currently could they be turned into a highlight video for a player we should be moving on from. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Sorry, 15/16

Nothing to do with the last 4 years.

'Anything to have a pop' stands.

and there was me thinking Benteke left at the end of last season?? And that we stopped wearing last seasons kit erm last season?

So, yes it appears this is a "highlights" package of 2 years worth of footage not 4. Apologies. So let's be generous, out of what, lets say 60 games and he can't muster up more 2 mins of footage? Embarrassing.

This video is appalling but the people in this thread defending him are even worse. You should be ashamed of yourselves; having watched him over the past 4 years and notice his lack of bottle, cowardlyness and general rubbishness to have any opinion other than he should never play for us again is absolutely astounding. He's not the only person to blame, far, far, far from it but he plays in the most important position on a football pitch in the centre of midfield 'protecting' the defense yet is as timid as a mouse. 

This 'defending him' nonsense again.

I mean really, who's defending him with any degree of strength?

And anyway, even if people are, why should anybody feel ashamed about 'defending' a Villa player on a Villa forum?

I mean, really.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2