Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Ah bless, I don't care how many of you jump in to defend Westwood he's the problem in midfield.

Until he's dropped we will struggle as he's not good enough.

If he's our best passer then this club will be down by Christmas, stats for "tap" football might be good but he creates nothing.

Nobody defended him as a player in the whole.

Just that he's a 'limited passer' which is nonsense. He's been the best passer at the club for three seasons and we haven't been down by Christmas have we?

Hasn't been good enough this year and I'll be disappointed if he starts today.

How's that for 'defending' him eh?

'Ah bless', patronising shite.

Edited by StefanAVFC

If I recall correctly in the previous 2 seasons Delph attempted more passes and had a higher % completion than Westwood although I may have got that wrong. On that basis I would therefore say there is a good argument he has not been the best passer at the club.

If I recall correctly in the previous 2 seasons Delph attempted more passes and had a higher % completion than Westwood although I may have got that wrong. On that basis I would therefore say there is a good argument he has not been the best passer at the club.

How does that prove anything without context? If anything that could say that Delph tried easier passes (an accusation that is levelled at Westwood a hell of a lot)

It is just a mechanism to compare players. On what basis has Westwood been the best passer?

Technically. Through my own eyes. Watching him complete passes that other players can't even attempt. Not through stats.

It's not exactly high praise. He's one of the weakest in the squad in other areas.

That is fair enough. Although personally through my own eyes I just don't see these passes he does that others can't even attempt.

From and including the 2013/14 season he sets up a goal on average once every (about) 16 games and that is for someone taking a lot of our set pieces.  

Too limited for us as a regular starter unfortunately. 

Best passer?.........an average passer in a below average team in the last 2 seasons.

Veretout looks as if he has a pass on him, so hopefully he will be in the team soon, and replace the incredibly average Westwood.

Hes an average player at best, and i expect more than that at VP.

• Like 1

started brightly then faded into his normal performances. We looked better when he went off. His corners are so horrible.... its almost worse than a goal kick as we get caught on the counter attack. I dread them.

• Like 1

This guy makes me so angry. He really isn't that good. Does he balls keep us ticking and is he heck the 'unsung hero'. Championship player all over, so he'll suit us down to the ground next season.

• Like 1

Corners were shit as usual but not sure what else he did wrong?

got stuck in, passed it around, didn't hide when others did. 

Agreed we were better when he came off but I think that was down to players who actually move came on. 

Bit of a scapegoat. 

• Like 1