Ashley Westwood

Nabby

By crikey he's been poor this season. He's adding precisely nothing to either defence or attack at the moment.

But supposedly does all manner of amazing stuff just outside of perception.

A regular ninja by all accounts :ph34r:

I cannot think of another Premieship footballer that has taken a corner and not beat the first man as many times as Westwood. I would be livid if I were Sherwood and take him off Corners with immediate effect. This is another issue I have with Shewood, I mean its not as though we have no other players that can take a decent set piece.

• Like 1

Alas I increasingly think Westwood is not a Carrick lite, but a deeply mediocre player at this level, who is not going to get better.  The guy will be 26 next year. If he continues to be a regular starter, we will never be better than a bottom 6 side in the Premier League.

And we've got him on a new 5 year contract too.  Unbelievable.

new contract syndrome seems to be going around a lot a villa park this guy has not impressed me at all tbh and he is shit at set pieces whenever there is a corner he might as well give the ball back to the opposition. Why amavi is not taking all corners is beyond me.

Can anyone name another team/player in the whole of the football league who takes corner like Westwood does? I am intrigued to know. 

Veretout whipped a terrific ball in for that one free kick, why he isnt on corners as a variation at the very least is beyond all footballing knowledge. 

Can anyone name another team/player in the whole of the football league who takes corner like Westwood does? I am intrigued to know. 

Veretout whipped a terrific ball in for that one free kick, why he isnt on corners as a variation at the very least is beyond all footballing knowledge. 

Hard to take corners from the bench. ;)

• Like 1

Literally right after THAT corner, he put in a delicious cross that Richards I think should have scored from. He's clearly trying to take the corners a certain way and I doubt it's because he feels like it as he's shown on many occasions he can whip in a ball.

He has been poor this season.

No idea why he is still taking the set pieces, it is obvious he just isn't that good at them why not mix it up?

Really frustrating.

You can almost use it as a sign of a poor manager I guess or a manager who just isn't thorough enough with detail, this happened before Sherwood arrived too.

Either way not good enough.

He's quite clearly being told to take the corners that way.

As said before, I find it hard to believe he'd still be allowed to take them like that if the management and players weren't happy with it.