Ashley Westwood

Nabby

We need decent young English players, Westwood will be a servicable backup and league cup starter.

Nonsense.

Sherwood has already said he's a nailed on starter in the league.

To above, that debate has been had pages ago. If Livermore could go for 8m, Westie ( ;) ) is worth more.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Sign him up!!!

Last of the initial Lambert signings if I'm not mistaken. Certainly one of better signings we've made for for a long time. (pound for pound, or otherwise).

Glad Tim rates him, hope he's here with us for years to come.

He will be a regular starter this season not a squad player.

Shame really.

I was hoping he would be replaced. Not good enough for where we want to be.

I don't agree and seemingly neither does Sherwood but that's football, people see it differently I guess.

We shall see over the coming season, personally I think he will improve dramatically with better players around him.

• Like 1

He will be a regular starter this season not a squad player.

Shame really.

I was hoping he would be replaced. Not good enough for where we want to be.

Where do we want to be and what is he not good enough for?

Could be a while before we are ready for a run at the title. He'll do until then I reckon.

Edited by wazzap24

Lessons obviously being learned which is reassuring, rather have a few overstay (Weimann not Westwood) than lose them for nothing.

He is the new Gareth Barry, without the nailed on Penalties - a grower without setting the world on fire. At £900K great value and earning his keep, and zero attitude.

....Gueye....Veretout.....

Adama...Gil....Grealish

I predict this will be the regular midfield...

I'd like to see it but I don't think Sherwood will do it. I think he'll have a midfield 3 and a front 3. It's either Westwood or Sanchez in the holding role and at the moment its Westwood's position.

• Like 1

We need decent young English players, Westwood will be a servicable backup and league cup starter.

Nonsense.

Sherwood has already said he's a nailed on starter in the league.

To above, that debate has been had pages ago. If Livermore could go for 8m, Westie ( ;) ) is worth more.

Sherwood also said he wasn't looking to buy any more foreign players...Westwood was a part timer last season, it will surprise me if he plays more in this team.

not the best player in the world and also not the worst player. A solid player but still think he needs to be more consistent and take a hold on games. The Liverpool game should be the benchmark for him

You might want to look at the squad stats for last season before calling him part time. 6 players started more than him in the league. Benteke, Delph, Guzan, Cleverley, Gabby & Hutton. He also played the cup games too. He was far from part time and if anything has been guaranteed his place in the side more than any other player based on Sherwood's recent comments about him.