Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Then why even focus on the tackles and interception if you praised him for the assist when it won us the game? And why not praise him for the high pass accuracy when it's the main part of his role?

It just seems a bit daft to be mentioning stuff like that when he did a lot of good in the game too. Westwood gets some unfair criticism in my view.

Because I don't really see the big wow in a couple of tackles or an interception. It would be the same with any player.

People think westwood gets a lot of unfair criticism. It's all in response to the wild over the top praise he receives.

He played well yesterday. Got an assist. No one is arguing that I don't think. I'm certainly not.

However, when people start saying he's as good as ki then others are going to argue against it, probably by highlighting his weaknesses.

Fair enough. I didn't see anyone say he was better or even necessarily on par with Ki, not saying it didn't happen, I just didn't see the posts. Likewise I don't think I've seen any over-the-top praise for Westwood either. Whenever I come in here I just see people defending him against those slating him, but again, not saying it doesn't happen I just haven't seen it.

Just pointing out that Woodytom has openly admitted to being overly critical of Westwood on more than one occasion (I have no idea why). Add into that his overly pessimistic outlook on all things villa and it becomes pretty pointless having a debate with him about Ash.

• Like 1

If he plays like that for the rest of the season then he'll have had a bad season. But he's capable of better and will take time to gel properly with the new boys. I'm not a huge Westwood fan but I think he could fit in nicely with our new look team.

Just pointing out that Woodytom has openly admitted to being overly critical of Westwood on more than one occasion (I have no idea why). Add into that his overly pessimistic outlook on all things villa and it becomes pretty pointless having a debate with him about Ash.

Still banging on about that? Was about a year ago and I believe that my evaluation of westwood since has been pretty spot on.

Wasn't pessimistic when I highlighted he got a good assist. Clearly not acknowledged that when writing drivel like above.

. Likewise I don't think I've seen any over-the-top praise for Westwood either. Whenever I come in here I just see people defending him against those slating him, but again, not saying it doesn't happen I just haven't seen it.

I've seen people on here say he should be playing for England, that's over the top.

. Likewise I don't think I've seen any over-the-top praise for Westwood either. Whenever I come in here I just see people defending him against those slating him, but again, not saying it doesn't happen I just haven't seen it.

I've seen people on here say he should be playing for England, that's over the top.

Pedantic, but I don't think anybody is saying he should be playing for England. Just that he could play for England in the future (not me by the way, although I would love that)

Just offering some friendly advice to my fellow VTers. Why discuss something with somebody who admits he doesn't discuss it fairly? It's pointless.

Well I don't admit that.

I once said that maybe I had been a little critical about him - quite a rarity on villa talk - and yet youre still banging on about it a year or so later as if it's some long lasting vendetta I have against him that nobody will ever change. It's a bit pathetic and incorrect tbh.

I ask again, where does my positive post regarding westwood's assist fit into your view of my opinion of westwood?

Just offering some friendly advice to my fellow VTers. Why discuss something with somebody who admits he doesn't discuss it fairly? It's pointless.

Well I don't admit that.

I once said that maybe I had been a little critical about him - quite a rarity on villa talk - and yet youre still banging on about it a year or so later as if it's some long lasting vendetta I have against him that nobody will ever change. It's a bit pathetic and incorrect tbh.

I ask again, where does my positive post regarding westwood's assist fit into your view of my opinion of westwood?

You do have soemthing against him. Obviously you won't admit it, but it's perfectly obvious to anybody who's read your posts in this thread.

As for your positive post about him. Congratulations for managing to be positive about something.

I never said you were never positive about Westwood, just that you are overly negative. Which you are, and again you've admitted to.

Why do I keep banging on about it? Well I don't. But I bring it up because it's obviously something that effects how you post in here, so it's constantly relevant.

Well I don't admit that.

You do have soemthing against him. Obviously you won't admit it, but it's perfectly obvious to anybody who's read your posts in this thread.

As for your positive post about him. Congratulations for managing to be positive about something.

I never said you were never positive about Westwood, just that you are overly negative. Which you are, and again you've admitted to.

Why do I keep banging on about it? Well I don't. But I bring it up because it's obviously something that effects how you post in here, so it's constantly relevant.

So I'm not never positive but I'm overly negative and I receive congratulations for finding something positive. Hmmm? About as contradiction as it's likely to get.

Perhaps it's your opinion of my posts that is pointless arguing against. Ive made a number of positive posts that have gone unnoticed recently. (Well they may have been noticed but they certainly weren't acknowledged. Quite ironic as well that those posts have been written when there's actually things to be positive about.

Sure they don't have to be acknowledged but I'm going to highlight them in my defence when people write drivel like I believe you just have.

As for having a vendetta against westwood. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. For the vast majority of my week - all but about 90 mins tbh - I have little or no interest in him really, like all the players.

I just don't think he's particular good at football. If you believe that's a vendetta, so be it.

And if I had this vendetta, would I hold my hands up like I did a year or so ago and say - 'do you know what, perhaps I have been a little critical'.