Ashley Westwood

Nabby

is anyone else concerned that we appear to be 'short' on CM depth?  Based on comments it appears most believe we will play a midfield 3.

--------------westy--------------

---Gana------------Veretout---

Obviously Sanchez is backup to Westy...  but who are the backups for Gana and Veretout?  We seem to now have AM/W type players coming out of our ears (Adama, Gil, Grealish, NZog, Sinclair, etc).  Maybe we really are going to a 4231?  Then the 2 holding MFers can be rotated between 4 players?

I'm hoping we are looking for another CM to add to the mix

UTV!

is anyone else concerned that we appear to be 'short' on CM depth?  Based on comments it appears most believe we will play a midfield 3.

--------------westy--------------

---Gana------------Veretout---

Obviously Sanchez is backup to Westy...  but who are the backups for Gana and Veretout?  We seem to now have AM/W type players coming out of our ears (Adama, Gil, Grealish, NZog, Sinclair, etc).  Maybe we really are going to a 4231?  Then the 2 holding MFers can be rotated between 4 players?

I'm hoping we are looking for another CM to add to the mix

UTV!

yeah me. I want 2. I reckon Tom Carroll will end up being one of those 2 aswell. and Gardner will be off again. just my uninformed opinion

• Like 1

Not a chance we'll have 6 CM's competing for 3 spots.

who are the 6??

Gana, Veretout, Westy, Sanchez...  then who?  I have assumed that Gardner really is going back out on loan.

Given injuries- I always assumed that you always want 1 backup for every position slot.  So we should have 6 CMs for the 3 starters.

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 1

A boy can dream though :)

who are the 6??

Gana, Veretout, Westy, Sanchez...  then who?  I have assumed that Gardner really is going back out on loan.

think it was aimed at me ;)

A boy can dream though :)

who are the 6??

think it was aimed at me ;)

Yeah. It would be fantastic but I just can't see it happening.

we are 2 injuries away from Gardner/Richardson/Bacuna starting there at the moment though. Ive said elsewhere we might see a bit more of Mason this year than we think. Definately our weakest position for strength in any depth I reckon.