Ashley Westwood

Nabby

People have said he should. People even said he would be the future England captain.

I think I have seen that to be fair, from maybe 1 or 2 Villa fans out of millions.

What's your point? You don't need to tell 99% of Villa fans that is bonkers.

My point is that steveo was incorrect in saying that it hadn't been said.

To be fair WT, I remember you posting something like 'pathetic, can't get the basics right' after he got something like 96% pass percentage and had a great game.

You see something different in him than others do. That's fine.

But at least own up to it.

You're never going to like him.

To be fair WT, I remember you posting something like 'pathetic, can't get the basics right' after he got something like 96% pass percentage and had a great game.

You see something different in him than others do. That's fine.

But at least own up to it.

You're never going to like him.

Doubt it. That was after the man utd game where they won the title I think. Fairly certain he didn't get 96% pass completion in that game.

Own up to what? I think I'm fairly clear in what I see in him and others agree.

As for never liking him I'm not really sure what you mean. I'd love him to be amazing. He just isn't.

Even the likes of you have stopped with the over hype. You used to describe him as superb when he just clearly isn't.

It wasn't that game.

It was a home game.

But yeah I agree with Stevo.

Absolutely no point in debating this with you as you're never going to change your mind.

Changed my mind on what?

Are you going to change your mind like? Is there any point debating this with you?

Are we debating on whether it's worth debating?

Pretty much. Tho it seems it's only worth debating to StefanAVFC if you're going to change your mind in his favour.

Isn't the point of a debate to attempt to change somebody's mind?

If you're never going to change your mind, what's the point?

Are we debating on whether it's worth debating?

Pretty much. Tho it seems it's only worth debating to StefanAVFC if you're going to change your mind in his favour.
Isn't the point of a debate to attempt to change somebody's mind?

If you're never going to change your mind, what's the point?

But who says I'm not? Atm I'm not but that's more to do with Ashley Westwood than our debates.

And why is this only aimed at me. You show no sign of changing your mind either? So I'm a bit lost as to why you are pointing the finger at me with this?

Because over the last 3 years you haven't given him an inch.

I'm not changing my mind because he's been a consistent player in what has been a very tough few seasons for us.

As soon as he starts being utterly dreadful, then of course I'll change my mind.

But that hasn't happened.

I'm not changing my mind because he's been a consistent player in what has been a very tough few seasons for us.

As soon as he starts being utterly dreadful, then of course I'll change my mind.

Another one who doesn't acknowledge the positive things I put about him. This is where the debate becomes pointless.

The positives are hugely outweighed though aren't they?

You posted 'good assist' then got drawn into a debate about how he's not very good.

I feel like there's always a 'but' coming.

In fairness I like him as a player, I think we could possibly do better but I don't sense a great rush to replace him and I'm cool with that.

I didn't think he was very good overall Saturday. I used my eyes for that rather than stats, I thought he was largely anonymous, but he certainly played his part in the match winning moment so...

(I've no idea why I've got involved in this!)

Not wishing to take sides in this argument but Stefan has raised a really valid and important point here.

AW has indeed played through some very tough seasons-He was thrown in at the deep end and it has been one hard slog.

I get the feeling that whilst we are watching our football with a smile on our faces, the lads are playing it in the same manner.

AW rose to the challenge of the step up-Possibly levelled out in a very mediocre (that's being kind) Villa side. We're now going to kick on and I can see AW kicking on again as well. Watch him go this season-I really think he is going to step up. He's no longer in Delphs shadow, the midfielders are all of equal status and I can see them all growing together

• Like 2

Who could realistically do a better job for us in a westwoods role, then westwood?

I don't think we have anyone in the squad right now if we're going to play with an 'anchorman' at the base of the diamond who I'd prefer - Sanchez included.

Arguably I'd go with two players at the base, one dropping and one pushing on - Veretout and Gana, with Gil/Grealish in front behind the striker  - and miss Westwood out all together. Then again, I'm not the manager... but good thing is we seem to have more options than we have in a while in terms of playing style.