Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He's matured into a proper premier league central midfielder, I'd say that he's good enough to be the squad of any of the teams who finished 7th onwards last season, perhaps not a starter for all of them but at least being good enough to contribute his fair share of games. 

What can you say, he cost what? £900k? Excellent value for money. 

James Nursey and 0 others do not like this

• Like 4

We seem to be learning from past mistakes in sorting these contracts out early which can only be a good thing.

Hoping Westwood can now push on in our new look midfield, but I'll be reserving judgement in this area until 10-15 games in - would be too easy to get all giddy with our 100% win ratio so far this season

Pleased. Looking forward to seeing his potential development surrounded by a decent squad rather than 2 good players and a load of shit.

this. the lad has potential imo.

You sound like his a youngster breaking through! He is 25 in his 4th Premier League season. Yes there is a chance he will improve alongside better players but more than likely he will just play less.

Brilliant news, I feel that this season will be his best opportunity to show how good he is due to him having a higher caliber of player around him who will make more intelligent runs and make more of his passes.  Allez les Westy! 

These post regarding his development and how this is his season to step up a level are the same posts I've been reading for 3 years.

You should ring Tim and let him know how crap Westwood is. This 5 year contract is a huge mistake!