Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He isn't a DM and will never be one, all our CM options are very weak which is why Sanchez needs to start now that Delph is out.

But sadly Sanchez doesn't look the player we believed he would be when he signed. It's just a bloody mess, just like the previous 4 seasons before this.

Wow Sanchez has started 1 game, calm down. 

He isn't a DM and will never be one, all our CM options are very weak which is why Sanchez needs to start now that Delph is out.

But sadly Sanchez doesn't look the player we believed he would be when he signed. It's just a bloody mess, just like the previous 4 seasons before this.

Yeah I've heard those sort of excuses before.

Or it's a reason as to why you can't really judge him yet.   I feel like Father Ted sometimes trying to explain to Dougal the difference between near and far away or in this case excuses and actual reason...

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 4

I'd like to see us play 4-4-2. Get proper width out wide and 2 proper attackers.

Westwood/Sanchez partnering cleverly in the middle. Grealish and nzogbia out wide.

At least it would be something different and we'd have a chance to get a few crosses in and heaven forbid get a few shots in at the opposition goal.

Might even score a goal. Sorry getting carried away now!

Or it's a reason as to why you can't really judge him yet.   I feel like Father Ted sometimes trying to explain to Dougal the difference between near and far away or in this case excuses and actual reason...

Yeah I mean it's not like we haven't signed any duds over the last few years.

Despite all the changes in players etc....there seems to be a same old,same old trundling along.

We have little peaks and then frustrating troughs,that are so repetitive and we just can't break out of this depressing cycle.

• Like 1

Play a record, Karl.

• Like 1

I'd hate to know what our results would be when Westwood doesn't keep things ticking/dominant midfield.

Being the person that Keeps this team ticking over ATM, is not something to be proud of.

I literally don't get how a player who is supposedly so vital and so key to this team gets so much praise. Surely as a key player he should be standing up to the plate a bit more.

And comparing him to Barry at any age is just laughable right now.

Edited by Woodytom

The thing is for Westwood to keep things ticking over, it's just as much down to the team as it is him. If he's not given the ball whether it be from defence or midfield he can't keep it 'ticking over'

And until we get more of the ball he can't be fully effective.

It's whether it's the players or the tactics or both which mean we can't keep the ball. In very very brief spells we move the ball quickly and crisply, so they can do it, it just doesn't happen enough.

I'd hate to know what our results would be when Westwood doesn't keep things ticking/dominant midfield.

Being the person that Keeps this team ticking over ATM, is not something to be proud of.

I literally don't get how a player who is supposedly so vital and so key to this team gets so much praise. Surely as a key player he should be standing up to the plate a bit more.

Your problem is this inability to recognise that somebody can play well in a poor team. It's not a difficult concept.

on what basis, the 1 game he started against Arsenal  

Yeah I've heard those sort of excuses before.

Words fail me.

I'd like to see us play 4-4-2. Get proper width out wide and 2 proper attackers.

Westwood/Sanchez partnering cleverly in the middle. Grealish and nzogbia out wide.

Our midfielders aren't good enough (against most teams) to play only 2 in the middle IMO. Cleverly, westwood and maybe N'Zogbia as a number 10 with Gabby and Richardson out wide with Tekkers up front is probably what I'd play with Delph out.

AW has performed well so far this season. I would argue Westwood is our most consistent player.

Lambert described AW's form as formidable?

Not really the first word that jumps into my mind?

Best of a bad bunch? Maybe? Formidable LOL!

• Like 1

Like...are you for real?

Like...are you for real?

Like, yeah!

Christ, Lambert's signed some absolute donkeys since he's been here. Do you really think he isn't capable of doing it again? These last few years have been utter shite so it shouldn't be so surprising to you that some fans are a tad cynical.

• Like 1

Your problem is this inability to recognise that somebody can play well in a poor team. It's not a difficult concept.

It really isn't my problem, but ok.