Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Never going to be half as good as some on here think.Again did one good pass tonight, played further forward, in a more advanced role, supposedly his best position, but did nothing.Dwells on the ball, rarely picks a good pass, not incisive, can't beat a man, a very average player, but then again, we are a very average team.

If Westwood is still in the 1st team by the end of the season, then we will be down.

Cleverley is never a £8m player either.

Keeps us ticking over is my fave. 'Ticking over' is something that happens in things that work. Villa do not work.

He keeps us ticking over to defeat after defeat and people refer to him as class because of it.

Without doubt, the most overrated player I've ever come across on this forum.

• Like 2

He was playing further forward and making more attacking passes, which is why he gave the ball away more. It can't be easy when the strikers have no brains or movement ahead of you. Put at least two lovely balles in that could have resulted on goals. Overall perhas not his best game but he was still better than Cleverley who I thought was really off key. 

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of Westwood at all, but I don't think he was too bad yesterday.  He was better than Cleverley, and although Sanchez all round had a good game, he cost us the three points with some exceedibly sloppy play.  Lots of players were were worse than Westwood yesterday, especially the front three, who were awful to a man.

• Like 1

He was playing further forward and making more attacking passes, which is why he gave the ball away more.

I didn't see him playing further forward. Sanchez was the deepest mid, but for me, Westwood was hardly that far in front of him.

Carragher even pointed it out at half time how he and Sanchez were sitting in front of the qpr attack during goal kicks.

I agree that he was better than Cleverley but it wasn't one of his better games. He doesn't create enough though.

Sanchez all round had a good game, he cost us the three points with some exceedibly sloppy play.

We'd have to score a goal (or even be able to score a goal) to have someone cost us 3 points. :lol:

He maybe cost us a chance at a point.

I agree that he was better than Cleverley but it wasn't one of his better games. He doesn't create enough though.

Sanchez all round had a good game, he cost us the three points with some exceedibly sloppy play.

We'd have to score a goal (or even be able to score a goal) to have someone cost us 3 points. :lol:

He maybe cost us a chance at a point.

Fair point.