Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He's had several bad games since the plop one. He really is a million miles away from being pure class. If he's pure class, what the **** is hazard, Ronaldo, Suarez, messi etc.

By saying pure class, you literally leave him with very little improvement to make. IMO of course.

He's had several bad games since the plop one. He really is a million miles away from being pure class. If he's pure class, what the **** is hazard, Ronaldo, Suarez, messi etc.

By saying pure class, you literally leave him with very little improvement to make. IMO of course.

What Villa players do you rate? also which Villa players do you think have played class since the Liverpool game?

What Villa players do you rate? also which Villa players do you think have played class since the Liverpool game?
I think Benteke when fully fit n firing is potentially a top notch striker.

Ron vlaar has proved that he can be a very good defender at times.

After that, it's pretty piss poor unfortunately. Few average players - cleverly for example.

And none of them really - it's been atrocious. I'm not sure what your point is with this bit?

Edited by Woodytom

By saying pure class, you're literally indicating that he is absolutely brilliant, which he clearly isn't.

One of our better players maybe, (which isn't hard), but pure class, nah, not for me.

Fair enough. If Westwood was playing in a system like what Swansea play then I believe you would see why I think he is pure class. It's hard for him to play to his full potential in our team atm working under an old fashioned manager with crap tactics.

By saying pure class, you're literally indicating that he is absolutely brilliant, which he clearly isn't.

One of our better players maybe, (which isn't hard), but pure class, nah, not for me.

Fair enough. If Westwood was playing in a system like what Swansea play then I believe you would see why I think he is pure class. It's hard for him to play to his full potential in our team atm working under an old fashioned manager with crap tactics.

Surely if he needs to play in another team to show he is pure class, that kind of hints at the idea that he is yet to show anything pure class in this team/or is even pure class. Asking the question, what on earth have you seen?

With the greatest respects, it's a bit weak to say he needs to be in a different team to show he's pure class. Maybe a different team would get the best out of him, but I believe we'd know if he was pure class, regardless of our system.

Last night Sanchez played in the position Westwood normally plays. He influenced the game, was very noticeable by his presence, that is what I never see with Westwood.

And yes, he gave the ball away a number of times towards the end and gifted the second goal.

But his performance up to that point is what I would expect from Westwood if he is as good as many people insist.

Surely if he needs to play in another team to show he is pure class, that kind of hints at the idea that he is yet to show anything pure class in this team/or is even pure class. Asking the question, what on earth have you seen?

With the greatest respects, it's a bit weak to say he needs to be in a different team to show he's pure class. Maybe a different team would get the best out of him, but I believe we'd know if he was pure class, regardless of our system.

I said he would shine if we played a system similar to what Swansea play not that he has to play for another team to show he is class. Do you think that it could be the case that he is restricted in showing how good he is by having to play so deep and his influence on a game could be restricted due to being asked to fulfill certain duties by Lambert?

He is pure class, what's your point?  He has a bad game and you think it justifies all the dribble you write about him?

Westwood, pure class?

Honestly he's nothing better than average. Forget the hype from Villa's PR team and look closely at the team. There is no one at Villa Park that is "pure class". That's why we're in the shit.

Last night Sanchez played in the position Westwood normally plays. He influenced the game, was very noticeable by his presence, that is what I never see with Westwood.

And yes, he gave the ball away a number of times towards the end and gifted the second goal.

But his performance up to that point is what I would expect from Westwood if he is as good as many people insist.

It's been obvious for a long time that Westwood isn't a premier league quality DMF. The only person who hasn't noticed is Lambert. Hopefully Sanchez has won a place in the team now which will allow Westwood to push up more and have a bigger influence on games. He had a bad game last night but he is the only player who axtually put some quality balls into our attackers.

I said he would shine if we played a system similar to what Swansea play not that he has to play for another team to show he is class. Do you think that it could be the case that he is restricted in showing how good he is by having to play so deep and his influence on a game could be restricted due to being asked to fulfill certain duties by Lambert?

You're right you did say that - my bad. Misread it.

Erm, to an extent yes, and there is an arguement for a number if players in terms of that. However, I just don't see a top class player in there and I believe I would.

Quite a bad example given the obvious gulf in class, but when messi plays for Argentina it's in a system that doesn't suit him (or was). You could still see his level of ability and he stood out from the rest.

I don't see any unique ability from Westwood, that I don't see in the other 9 or so players we've got out there.

I agree that a different approach might suit him a bit better, but I'd very much doubt a pure class player would jump out of nowhere.

He is pure class, what's your point? He has a bad game and you think it justifies all the dribble you write about him?

Westwood, pure class?

Honestly he's nothing better than average. Forget the hype from Villa's PR team and look closely at the team. There is no one at Villa Park that is "pure class". That's why we're in the shit.

Just because somebody rates a player doesn't mean they have fallen for PR. Jesus Christ stop being patronising.

• Like 2

He is certainly well liked by the media, they was talking him up before the game, and the commentator was talking him up during the game.

I take absolutely no pleasure in his poor performance last night, i would like nothing more than Westwood to turn out as good as Bunnski and Stefan think he will be, i just can't see it myself.

• Like 1