Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Or it's a reason as to why you can't really judge him yet. I feel like Father Ted sometimes trying to explain to Dougal the difference between near and far away or in this case excuses and actual reason...

Yeah I mean it's not like we haven't signed any duds over the last few years.

Like...are you for real?

Like, yeah!

Christ, Lambert's signed some absolute donkeys since he's been here. Do you really think he isn't capable of doing it again? These last few years have been utter shite so it shouldn't be so surprising to you that some fans are a tad cynical.

He's made one start for us. Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Or it's a reason as to why you can't really judge him yet.   I feel like Father Ted sometimes trying to explain to Dougal the difference between near and far away or in this case excuses and actual reason...

Like...are you for real?

Like, yeah!

Christ, Lambert's signed some absolute donkeys since he's been here. Do you really think he isn't capable of doing it again? These last few years have been utter shite so it shouldn't be so surprising to you that some fans are a tad cynical.

he also signed Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar

Or it's a reason as to why you can't really judge him yet.   I feel like Father Ted sometimes trying to explain to Dougal the difference between near and far away or in this case excuses and actual reason...

Like...are you for real?

Like, yeah!

he also signed Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar

Vlaar has hardly set the world alight since joining Villa, and Guzan was signed as a free agent after being released by...........

..... Aston Villa!

You're struggling there, mate.

• Like 1

What difference does it make which team released Guzan? You're the one who's reaching there. Noticed you ignored Benteke, because your argument can easily be flipped on its head. Sanchez is a world beater because Benteke is a world beater and they were both signed by Lambert. Do you see how silly that sounds?

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Whichever side of the argument and without any context, making a judgement on a player after 1 start and a 30 minute sub appearance is ridiculous beyond belief.

Middle of October and he's only started one match. I'm not saying he's a dud, but it wouldn't be the first time Lambert has signed one. Do you really blame me for being worried?

What difference does it make which team released Guzan? You're the one who's reaching there. Noticed you ignored Benteke, because your argument can easily be flipped on its head. Sanchez is a world beater because Benteke is a world beater and they were both signed by Lambert. Do you see how silly that sounds?

Who said Lambert hasn't signed the odd decent player? Not me.

And of course it matters that we offered Guzan another contract after we released him. The cynic in me is telling me we only offered him another contract because he was cheap. It's a bit desperate to claim him as a successful Lambert signing when he was already an employee of the Villa since 2008. Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind.

It doesn't matter if he was an employee since 2008 if he was released. He was no longer a Villa player. I'm seriously baffled by your lack of reasoning here, to prove what..that Sanchez is a bad player based on one appearance? Just wow.

Whichever side of the argument and without any context, making a judgement on a player after 1 start and a 30 minute sub appearance is ridiculous beyond belief.

Middle of October and he's only started one match. I'm not saying he's a dud, but it wouldn't be the first time Lambert has signed one. Do you really blame me for being worried?

He isn't a DM and will never be one, all our CM options are very weak which is why Sanchez needs to start now that Delph is out.

But sadly Sanchez doesn't look the player we believed he would be when he signed. It's just a bloody mess, just like the previous 4 seasons before this.

Right

Not really sure what the issue is with what avfc1982 has said.

While it is too early to call how good Sanchez will be, the signs so far do not look promising and so it's quite natural to have a negative view on him.

I'd happily give him a go tho over Westwood. Were getting stuffed every game ATM, and I'm still of the opinion that the midfield is the main issue.

While it is too early to call how good Sanchez will be, the signs so far do not look promising and so it's quite natural to have a negative view on him.

I'd happily give him a go tho over Westwood. Were getting stuffed every game ATM, and I'm still of the opinion that the midfield is the main issue.

It's quite natural to have a negative view on a bloke coming from a different country, not speaking English after 1 start and 1 sub appearance? I wouldn't say that's quite natural in the slightest. I'd call that mind-bogglingly negative.

The fact that you hold such a negative view of Sanchez and STILL would start him over a player who has been one of our better performers over the last few years just shows me you don't like the bloke and you're even trying to rate him IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC

That's the issue though, it's too early to call either way. It's ridiculous to put him in the same category as other failed signings in October after he's only made one start for us. Just as it would be to put him in the same bracket as Benteke or Vlaar. 

• Like 1

It's quite natural to have a negative view on a bloke coming from a different country, not speaking English after 1 start and 1 sub appearance? I wouldn't say that's quite natural in the slightest. I'd call that mind-bogglingly negative.

The fact that you hold such a negative view of Sanchez and STILL would start him over a player who has been one of our better performers over the last few years just shows me you don't like the bloke and you're even trying to rate him IMO.

I don't really know what your point is here?

I was merely saying that I can understand why people would have a negative view on Sanchez! It's all well n good saying he's from a different country etc, but how long does that go on for?

He's started one game, he was awful and he can't seem to get into a midfield which IMO, is playing pretty poor. So the signs aren't looking great.

Nothing overly negative there, just saying what I'm seeing. A team getting stuffed each week, and a player who can't get in said team for love nor money.

However, I think he is worth another shot, and I believe that would be most beneficial/less catastrophic if that was in place of Westwood for now, who IMO, has been pretty poor since the plop game, in which he was very good.

but how long does that go on for?

He's human. Who knows! Look at Helenius. Everyone was writing him off because he wasn't getting a game but in the end he had a serious medical condition and was battling addiction. You simply cannot make a viewpoint after this amount of time; either way as Keyblade rightly says.

Didn't think he was too bad, he is limited by the very poor options Gab, Andi and to a lesser extent being the central striker CB give him. I thought he linked with Cleverly and Sanhez well til the latter tired