Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Delph looked like he was gonna face up to Toure but instead did a strange little jump to the side of Toure and just let him walk by him.  I think this caused confusion for our other players and they didn't react quick enough to stop the danger due to fatigue. 

I think we are a long way away from 6/7 years ago, but saying that CB is as good a striker as i have seen down VP since the 70s, the defence looks settled, i like Delph, and think Sanchez will be fine.I think we need 2 or 3 good footballers in the team to go with thw above named 7 , and we will be comfortably in the top 8.

You're completely contradicting yourself. How can you say that you rate Sanchez who has done naff all in a Villa shirt and say we need to replace Westwood? It's bizarre.

Read my post earlier.Sanchez is a proper defensive midfielder who played well in the WC for one of the best teams in it.Just because he wasn't very good in his 1st game i haven't written him off like you obviously have.

What?

Please show me where I've obviously written him off?

Spoiler: You won't find anything.

Thought he was fine yesterday. All of the midfield kept the ball fairly well, as well as you can really expect against that City midfield (Cleverley had a 95% pass accuracy fwiw)

Westwood was unspectacular but he did a few lovely passes. One which ended up being intercepted but was inches from being a wonderful ball.

I don't think he was at fault for the goal. I think Toure had got into a position where it was the centre backs' responsibility to get out to him and they didn't. Can't really blame them. After 81 minutes of defending like they did it's hardly surprising they were a second off the mark.

"Sanchez has done naff all in a Villa shirt", after 1 game.

Your comments about the Arse game indicate that you don't want Sanchez in the team because you rate Westwood so highly.

Eh?

You're clutching at straws if you think that's 'writing him off'. It's telling the truth. Right now, he's done naff all in a Villa shirt. Not sure how that is talking about him in the future.

I prefer Westwood over him because he's shown much more in a Villa shirt. It's got nothing to do with writing him off.

I don't think any of our midfield trio looked out of place yesterday. They're yet to hit their peak which bodes well for the future.

I agree we have the makings of a very good midfield and even though they have only played 4 games together have already started to form a good understanding. The big worry is though how long we will have all three of them in the team as Cleverley is only on loan until the end of the season and Delphs contract runs out at the same time.

I'm not sure about this 'didn't look out of place' business.

There isn't really a lot to go on as we barely got a kick.

I mean we played a top team (who didn't play particularly well) and we kept the score respectable and far from embarrassing.

However, if we are talking about nullifying the opposition, keeping possession, making purposeful passes, driving the team forward and creating chances then the whole team looked massively out of their place, especially the midfield.

It's all a bit lightweight in there, with literally zero invention. That was massively evident when Nzogbia went off.

• Like 1

Mark - I think the Cleverley deal will be finalised at the end of the season so the real worry is whether we can keep hold of Delph.

Woodytom - how much did Ci£eh's midfield cost in comparison to ours?

Edited by Robbie09

Was the cost of the man city midfield the reason why hull (in the same fixture) managed nearly 10% more possession and 5 times as many shots on target than us?

Ok they ended up with the same result however we are not going to win many games playing the way we have done over the last 7.

All I have learnt over the last 4 games is that we are a bit more solid and just how good and important to Liverpool, Luis Suarez was.

Edited by Woodytom

Well you're obsessed with Westwood Stefan, and will have no criticism of him at all, so whats the point?

I am?

Damn, that's not healthy.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with that. You said I'd written Sanchez off. I proved I haven't. Didn't even mention Westwood in that respect. Keep going though :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

I mean we played a top team (who didn't play particularly well)

I think that's being very harsh on us. They played well, we just kept them from scoring for most of the game.

That was by no means a poor Man City performance.

Was the cost of the man city midfield the reason why hull (in the same fixture) managed nearly 10% more possession and 5 times as many shots on target than us?

They didn't play half as well against Hull as they did against us.