Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Alongside Gabby and Weimann, he's the weak link in the team at the moment.  At least with the former two though, we have much better replacements waiting to come back.  If we sign Cleverley, I'd expect to see quite a bit less of Westwood starting games.

Strongly disagree. Was one of the better players last night and has started the season well.

• Like 1

Alongside Gabby and Weimann, he's the weak link in the team at the moment.  At least with the former two though, we have much better replacements waiting to come back.  If we sign Cleverley, I'd expect to see quite a bit less of Westwood starting games.

Strongly disagree. Was one of the better players last night and has started the season well.

Fair enough, everybody sees things differently.

If the cleverley deals goes through (and not sure on that myself) where does that leave Westwood? So far he has been treated like Lambert's love child but his place in the team will be under threat. I suppose it would increase competition for places.

Edited by The Fun Factory

If the cleverley deals goes through (and not sure on that myself) where does that leave Westwood? So far he has been treated like Lambert's love child but his place in the team will be under threat. I suppose it would increase competition for places.

I think Weimann holds that price, by miles.

Fair enough, everybody sees things differently.

I'm in the middle. I think, and hope, that we'll see a better Westwood now that he won't have to do that much of the defending work. I've said that before, I know. But I think he's weak when it comes to defending, but if he won't have to think of that as much I think he might turn out to be a very good playmaker. But again, time will tell. And if Cleverly comes and puts him out of the team because he's better, I'm fine with that too. :)

Edited by Pelle
  • Like 1

Alongside Gabby and Weimann, he's the weak link in the team at the moment. At least with the former two though, we have much better replacements waiting to come back. If we sign Cleverley, I'd expect to see quite a bit less of Westwood starting games.

I appreciate some think he isn't as good as some of us (myself included) make out. But to describe Westwood as a weak link in our side is utter bat shit. I genuinely can't see how you can come to that conclusion. Edited by villan_007

Alongside Gabby and Weimann, he's the weak link in the team at the moment. At least with the former two though, we have much better replacements waiting to come back. If we sign Cleverley, I'd expect to see quite a bit less of Westwood starting games.

I appreciate some think he isn't as good as some of us (myself included) make out. But to describe Westwood as a weak link in our side is utter bat shit. I genuinely can't see how you can come to that conclusion.

I can. 

Think of it like this - people on here rave about him being the one that 'keeps us ticking'. But when you think about it, that really is NOT a compliment. We are absolutely awful and if he is the one responsible for keeping it ticking, then he is doing an abysmal job because we definitely don't 'tick'!!

I actually think that 'keeping it ticking' is a bit of a hollow phrase used in football to describe those kind of 'cool Michael Carrick type players'. I kind of see them as players who kind of drift through games not giving a great deal.

Furthermore, this Villa side has countless weak points. That's why we are where we are the last few years. We have very very few strong points, hence why I can see why Westwood would be seen as a weak one.

I appreciate some think he isn't as good as some of us (myself included) make out. But to describe Westwood as a weak link in our side is utter bat shit. I genuinely can't see how you can come to that conclusion.

Our midfield has been shit for two years. Sanchez is a step up and delph was very good last and this. I'd say Westwood is now that weak link.