Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

I thought he gave a solid 7/10 performance yesterday. Did well with his back to goal, holding off his markers and playing simple passes. He was sometimes slightly slow in picking when to make a run and not using space, but that'll come with coaching and experience. Was unlucky not to score twice, one from a ball from Bent to the back post which he narrowly missed out on and the fantastic save from the keeper around 70 minutes.

One critism is though that is he is very one footed (right). Always came inside rather than mixing it up like a natural winger would have done.

But yea, nicely done mr Bowery, pleasantly suprised.

I think he should be starting against Bradford, may not be his level anymore but it's what he is used to, and i think he would cause big problems to the bradford defence. also giving him a couple of starts to give him some time to show what he can do, can't be a bad idea surely? He has the physical build to make it by the looks of it, it's up to him to show if he has the attitude, talent and potential now.

• 2 months later...

I quite like Bowery. He's not amazing, but he puts in a lot of effort. He's like a less technically giften Wiemann.

I think he started Today to combat Stoke's height and strength. He's more use than Bannan/ N'Zogbia when it comes to defending set pieces.

I like him too. With a bit of confidence he could add goals to his generally decent game.

It's far too early to declare him a Premier League player, but even if he isn't he's definitely a real bargain signing, despite his status as a stick to beat the manager with.

• Like 1

He looked ok, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of N'Zogbia. 

Its called tactics innit. Bowery did a lot of work today, and he's a big guy suited to away at Stoke—he won a lot of headers. We dominated that game so seems it worked. 

He looked ok, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of N'Zogbia. 

Its called tactics innit. Bowery did a lot of work today, and he's a big guy suited to away at Stoke—he won a lot of headers. We dominated that game so seems it worked. 

A wingers job isn't winning headers.

lay off the fella, he played well today. Some unwarranted stick he's getting on here and I'm unsure to what he's done wrong. Even in the game he started at VP he didn't do too bad, He's playing on the right of a forward 3 and he's really an out and out striker. As somebody has already said, pleasantly surprised.

lay off the fella, he played well today. Some unwarranted stick he's getting on here and I'm unsure to what he's done wrong. Even in the game he started at VP he didn't do too bad, He's playing on the right of a forward 3 and he's really an out and out striker. As somebody has already said, pleasantly surprised.

He played RW for his previous club many times.

Â