Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Even Chesterfield fans were scratching their heads when we signed him in the summer. If you look at who we've brought in, where we've got them from and how well most have done, you've gotta say Lambert's scouts have done quite a good job plucking quality from obscurity. The identity of none of his signings was a no-brainer at the time. Certainly makes transfer windows interesting. Bowery was always one for the future, even more so than the rest, given who was ahead of him. It's good to see him coming in now and not looking out of place. Plenty more of that please.

• Like 2

Even Chesterfield fans were scratching their heads when we signed him in the summer. If you look at who we've brought in, where we've got them from and how well most have done, you've gotta say Lambert's scouts have done quite a good job plucking quality from obscurity. The identity of none of his signings was a no-brainer at the time. Certainly makes transfer windows interesting. Bowery was always one for the future, even more so than the rest, given who was ahead of him. It's good to see him coming in now and not looking out of place. Plenty more of that please.

its the undoubted promise of the majority of Lamberts signings that gives me hope for the future.  Apart from KEA all have shown real ability.

i'm sure he's not a bad player - just don't think he's a natural winger/wide man. 

Lambert doesn't seem to understand the difference between the roles of striker or winger, he just see's attackers and if he can play at least 4 of them he's happy as fox on a glacier mint, ok that reference is older than Bruce Forsyth's penis.

i'm sure he's not a bad player - just don't think he's a natural winger/wide man. 

Lambert doesn't seem to understand the difference between the roles of striker or winger, he just see's attackers and if he can play at least 4 of them he's happy as fox on a glacier mint, ok that reference is older than Bruce Forsyth's penis.

If we think back, Gabby went through a similar phase of learning on the wing which evenutally benefitted his game. At this stage of Bowery's development I don't think there's any harm in him learning a position close to the one he's familiar with. Plus the flexibility will benefit us.

If you look at who we've brought in, where we've got them from and how well most have done, you've gotta say Lambert's scouts have done quite a good job plucking quality from obscurity

When talking about Lambert's signings there's usually mention of where they're from, the wages they're on or their lack of experience to excuse mediocrity and claim they're good signings.

While all of those reasons are true surely the most important thing is what they currently do. It's no good saying bennet looked ok considering where's he come from or Bowery did well when you consider how low his wages are if ultimately they aren't up to scratch.

At the moment only two of his signings have really played well IMO. Most show lots of potential but if we fail to stay up it's no comfort to say these players did ok considering all the things mentioned above.

If most of his signings really were all up to scratch i doubt we'd have performed so poorly in so many areas.

I think it's a bit early to cast too much judgement on the lad, but he hasn't disgraced himself anytime I've seen him play this season.

I think next season will really be the test of what he's made of.

Perhaps 6 months on loan to The Championship might do him some good?

If you look at who we've brought in, where we've got them from and how well most have done, you've gotta say Lambert's scouts have done quite a good job plucking quality from obscurity

When talking about Lambert's signings there's usually mention of where they're from, the wages they're on or their lack of experience to excuse mediocrity and claim they're good signings.

While all of those reasons are true surely the most important thing is what they currently do. It's no good saying bennet looked ok considering where's he come from or Bowery did well when you consider how low his wages are if ultimately they aren't up to scratch.

At the moment only two of his signings have really played well IMO. Most show lots of potential but if we fail to stay up it's no comfort to say these players did ok considering all the things mentioned above.

If most of his signings really were all up to scratch i doubt we'd have performed so poorly in so many areas.

The squad that were here when he arrived aren't to blame at all then?

2 of his signings?

Benteke, Westwood and Guzan have unarguably been good. Then you can make cases for Lowton and Vlaar (and even Bowery). The argument that his price doesn't mean anything, well yes it does. He is a risk free signing who wasn't signed to be first choice that has been good when he has had a chance.

But don't let it stop you from having a moan :)

Of course existing players are also to blame. Are you saying its all their fault?

The argument that his price doesn't mean anything, well yes it does.

So if a player barely does anything to improve the team he can be classed as a good signing because he's cheap?

Players should be judged on what they do for the team. Claiming anyone is a good signing based on mediocre performances and excusing that by the wages they're on or the league they played in previously doesn't make much sense.

But don't let it stop you from having a moan

That's ok I won't.

No, who said that? You said 'If most of his signings really were all up to scratch i doubt we'd have performed so poorly in so many areas.', which implies that the new players are mostly to blame.

It isn't just based on 'performs well = good signing. performs bad = bad signing'.

I hate the black and white world you live in.

No, who said that? You said 'If most of his signings really were all up to scratch i doubt we'd have performed so poorly in so many areas.', which implies that the new players are mostly to blame.

No it doesn't. It implies that if most of his signings were up to scratch we'd be better off in many areas.

It isn't just based on 'performs well = good signing. performs bad = bad signing'.

So players who play well aren't good signings? Players who play badly aren't bad signings? Interesting view to have.

So Hutton wasn't a bad signing then? He played shit. Benteke isn't a good signing then? He's playing well.

I hate the black and white world you live in.

Hahaha

Love posts like this. Right up there with the classic "you can't see the bigger picture"

Well signings have numerous factors to indicate whether they were good or not. It isn't just black or white.

Say we sell Bowery for a couple of million down the line. He might not have contributed much to us but we made a profit on him.

Holland 1974 board.

He got himself into some good position and caused Stoke a problem or 2 but I'm not convinced by his technical ability - he's definitely got the drive, hunger and physicality to cause problems to defences though. I reckon he'd be a nightmare for teams if he was high on confidence.

Looks to me to be a good sub to bring on at the end of games to hassle and bully defences -  and 500k for a squad player who can cope is good business. 

Â