Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Given the horrific state of our squad i really don't think this is the sort of player we can have around the first team. i believe he is just too short of quality for this league. you never know i may be wrong but he is a similar age to benteke and there is just no comparison. they are miles apart especially when benteke is on his A game. i just don't see that level of potential in bowerey

To be honest I can easily see us loaning him out at some point to give him proper first team games but only Lambert knows about that.

On the gap between Tekkers and Bowery well.... Benteke has played for Genk, Standard and KV, there's a massive difference between Chesterfield and Genk.... Also I see Bowery as more of a Agbonlahor type forward than what Benteke is...

So in Bowery's 4 appearances this season

City 5-0 Villa played 7 minutes...

Chelsea 8 -0 Villa ,played 10 minutes

Villa 0 - 3 Wigan ,played 28 minutes

Swansea 2-2 Villa ,played 5 minutes

That's a really big indicator of Bowery's talents...... 4 games, all late sub apps or games where we have nothing to loose (v Wigan).

On the other hand you could argue that Lambert sees a whole lot of talent in the kid, picking him ahead of Bent time and time again. And from the little I've seen there seems to be something there. Seems to have a fair bit of pace in him.

Impressed with him today. Looked like he was playing on the wing too. Held the ball up in places and made good runs. Was Unlucky not to score today, had a few decent shots saved.

Played well when he was on today, felt for him when he went off as we were just taking control and he was playing well. Some good signs there for us, maybe with Gabby and Bent back we can loan him towards the end of Jan so he can get a run of games. Big unit with good pace is always a positive in England.

really surprised by Bowery, very little expectation on the lad, and he looked good today, Far more comfortable on the ball than i imagined, very strong when kisnorbo was hanging off him, and a turn of pace. at 21 we could see more to come from him, already played more career games than the likes of Delfouneso, can certainly see why Lambert took a gamble on him, and let Delfouneso leave.

Yeah attitude and to send a message to bent i think.

But there's no way lambert thought bowery was a better player.

Couldn't agree more - thought he showed Bent exactly how to run at a defence in the channels and frighten them. I was a bit shocked how well he played TBH

Got a standing ovation when he went off - or was that for Gabby? He got an extra cheer when he came on so I presumed all the claps were for Bowery.

Nice move that from Lambert when he was starting to really play well - to let him hear that ovation cos he obviously needs alot of encouragement - Lambert gave him

a big hug when he came off!

Bent was awesome at Charlton apparently - used to work his socks off like that. Now he seems to work only when there's a scoring chance. What a shame because he's

lethal

I really rate Bowery and think he may surprise many.

As for Lambert using him to send a message to Bent, I don't think so. What ever the deal is Bent obviously doesn't fit in Lambert's plans and will be off either this month or at the end of the season.

Â