Joe Bennett

Si.

Good game today. He also saved a goal by racing across to cover Vlaar who was god knows where.

A good game because he only gave one goal away?

I can't think of a worse player in the league.

You don't go to the games do you ? Or even watch them on tv

Bennett was ok today

Good game today. He also saved a goal by racing across to cover Vlaar who was god knows where.

A good game because he only gave one goal away?

I can't think of a worse player in the league.

VT in complete overreaction shocker.

He was good today. Wasn't on his holidays like some of our other players anyway.

Overreaction shocker being a season of shit nearly giving away a goal every single game.

Yep, that's some overreaction.

Worst player in the league? Behave yourself. You're so zoned in on your hatred of him, everything is his fault.

Right, and I know it's a novel concept, but why not, you know try and get behind the player? It's guys like you that have made him close his twitter tonight. Not even a bad game and he gets abuse. Absolute joke.

• Like 1

Oh come on. Fair play that we should be able to defend players and not down right insult them but people on here has been complaining about the defense all season. If bennett is not at fault for this then I really wonder who they are going to replace. Clark has been pretty poor himself but anyone that honestly feels safe with this man as a starter back there really needs to look back on the season. He has gotten better but the fact still remains. We cannot use this excuse every time if we want to climb higher.

Of our back 4 I think Bennett is the worst of them at defending. The weakest link if you will.

I would be happy enough with him as back up but I recon Lambert will be regretting not getting his first choice left back in the summer.

I agree that he's the weak link, but he doesn't get the credit he deserves when he plays well, yet the thread comes alive to pan him when he doesn't. And even when he's fine!

Outjumped by a bigger CH for their goal, but made a couple of important interceptions in the 2nd half.Pedestrian game, no eal urgency, thought we lacked quality in the opposition half.

Out jumped because he was ball watching and got himself sucked further in than he should.. He didn't have a clue Boyce was there..

Has improved going forward and has a good cross on him. But for me his defensive positioning and reading of the game is pretty poor

Edited by mikeyp102

I think we will sign an understudy to Bennett - Not someone to go in the first team ahead of him

Why would we sign an understudy to our worst player? Surely we would buy a quality replacement for Bennett, allowing Joe to learn off him?

Bizarre comment.

Outjumped by a bigger CH for their goal, but made a couple of important interceptions in the 2nd half.Pedestrian game, no eal urgency, thought we lacked quality in the opposition half.

Out jumped because he was ball watching and got himself sucked further in than he should.. He didn't have a clue Boyce was there..

Has improved going forward and has a good cross on him. But for me his defensive positioning and reading of the game is pretty poor

Outjumped because he didnt really jump. I get the impression that he is a bit of a pussy and he doesnt really like going in for a challenge unless he is sliding in on his arse.

By far the weakest link in the team

Bennett's got so much talent going forward if he was stronger defensively he would be a completely different player.

96% pass accuracy today - best on either team - with 2 key passes.

I'd stick with him if Lambert feels he is still willing to learn and is getting better at the defensive aspects. Don't assess him as he is now, with all young players, think what he will be.

• Like 1

Bennett's got so much talent going forward if he was stronger defensively he would be a completely different player.

I'd stick with him if Lambert feels he is still willing to learn and is getting better at the defensive aspects. Don't assess him as he is now, with all young players, think what he will be.

He needs to show improvements with the defensive aspects quickly. he is shit at defending

There are certain types of players who get more stick than they deserve. Attacking full backs have always been one of them. Bennett offers a lot going forward, but whenever he is within 20 yards of a defensive error, he gets all the blame.

Vlaar's header to Baker exposed both their shortcomings - Vlaar's proneness to lapses in concentration and Baker's complete lack of pace (he got rinsed). And yet still everyone takes it out on Bennett because he got out jumped on a header. I agree his awareness of what was happening around him was poor, but that is the kind of thing that can improve with experience. What you can't improve much is the natural skills like touch, passing, etc. and I think Bennett looks tidy in these areas. He would definitely benefit from a summer down the gym. Doesn't deserve to be written off, certainly doesn't deserve abuse - it's not like his attitude has ever been poor.

He's in a difficult situation because yes he is the weak link at the moment.

Because of this he's targeted by the opposition often which means he's playing under high pressure with little confidence without any respite.

The rest of the team can try and support him but they can't play his position for him.

This pre-season I think he'll take stock and learn from his mistakes and look to work on his faults. The break gives him time to catch his breath and for his confidence to build back up. 

I hope he works on his strength and defensive awareness. He's got a good cross on him and an eye for a pass, defensive awareness will come from experience playing matches but if he works on his strength I think we'd see a vast improvement as it'd 'strengthen' his confidence not being knocked about so much.

I still think we could do with an experienced left back coming in, to give him a challenge for his place and for him to learn from. I think that'd help him. Like I've said before, I'm sure Lambert and the coaching staff give him guidance but there's nothing like learning from someone who has performed your specific role successfully for some years.

There's definitely a very good player there, he's just struggled to adapt to the premier league. Some like Lowton take to it like a duck to water, some take their time.

I remember when he signed Cowans said he was the best signing, and I think after a good pre season (which he was injured for last year) we could really see a good player next season.

I think what would really help him would be an experienced centre back to the left if him...unfortunately I don't see it next season.

That's it Con, support someone who's actually been playing ;)

Â