Joe Bennett

Si.

Prepared to give him a chance. Too easy to write players off after one season in a new league.

His chance nearly saw us relegated.

Just about the worst defence in the league, and a lot of the blame has to go on Bennett.

Prepared to give him a chance. Too easy to write players off after one season in a new league.

Just about the worst defence in the league, and a lot of the blame has to go on Bennett.

Wigan had the worst defence in the league. Hence why they were relegated. I've seen enough of Bennett to see a level of ability good enough but he's very much a confidence player. He's become a scapegoat for the faults of the entire defence. Unfair to lambast just him.

Wigan had the worst defence in the league. Hence why they were relegated. I've seen enough of Bennett to see a level of ability good enough but he's very much a confidence player. He's become a scapegoat for the faults of the entire defence. Unfair to lambast just him.

I'm neither scapegoating him nor focusing solely on him. This is the Joe Bennett thread. Don't be surprised to see a focus on Joe Bennett.

He has been our worst defender, mind.

Good game today. He also saved a goal by racing across to cover Vlaar who was god knows where.

A good game because he only gave one goal away?

I can't think of a worse player in the league.

It's hilarious the fan appraisal of Bennet. 

He's decent on the ball for sure and he can play football—defensively he has some moments. I think the people dissing him might have stronger points if they could express themselves better. 

He was badly caught out for Konne's offside in second half. Ball just flew over his head. I hope Lambert gets in a first choice LB and this should be his top priority. Bennette can be backup up until he improves

We need a new LB if we want to climb higher next season. Bennett is just too raw imo, but I would not write him off. I think he can come good and he is a decent backup but he is no starter. 

I think the criticism of Bennett is fair. He's been poor from the very start and, in my opinion, is the only Lambert signing not to develop over the course of the season. His positional sense is disgraceful and it would be very surprising to me if he was any better next season. Would much rather buy someone else to play there.

Good game today. He also saved a goal by racing across to cover Vlaar who was god knows where.

VT in complete overreaction shocker.

He was good today. Wasn't on his holidays like some of our other players anyway.

VT in complete overreaction shocker.

He was good today. Wasn't on his holidays like some of our other players anyway.

Overreaction shocker being a season of shit nearly giving away a goal every single game.

Yep, that's some overreaction.

Â