Joe Bennett

Si.

Hoping Joe will turn out to be a slow burner.  Cut out the mistakes, work on his positioning and strength and we'll at least have a competent, if not outstanding player on our hands.

• 1 month later...

He's injured. However, his absence seems to be an excuse for him to be slagged off yet again.

I hope this scapegoatism of him disappears before the start of the season. Especially comments like this,

Dont know, havent heard anything about injuries tbh but he was his usual awful self against one of the german clubs judging on the highlights.

Which just isn't true.

• Like 2

It's a new season, people should wait until he gets a few games under his belt to start slagging him off. Even if his performances aren't bad people will still find faults. I really want him to step up a notch this season and prove everyone wrong

He was injured. He was due to play the game before last but picked up a knock in training. Was sent swimming instead.

A friend of mine knows his girlfriend, so I get all the inside gossip on him...but I kinda hope she moves on to a player I actually care about. I tried to suggest Lowton or Westwood, they look like the kinda guy who would treat a woman right (no homo).

Edited by Panto_Villan

At the moment, yes, but that's only because he's injured :)

To be honest I wasn't told and didn't ask - I'd be surprised if even Joe himself knew that at this stage. I think they'll probably only find out when the first game comes around.

The gossip I have: he's got lots of money, has just bought a house in Birmingham and has a couple of (allegedly vile) dogs. And he's injured at the moment, but that's been reported in the press already I think. JulieB I am not.

Edited by Panto_Villan

He's injured. However, his absence seems to be an excuse for him to be slagged off yet again.

I hope this scapegoatism of him disappears before the start of the season. Especially comments like this,

Dont know, havent heard anything about injuries tbh but he was his usual awful self against one of the german clubs judging on the highlights.

Which just isn't true.

Really? As i say i only saw a few clips but he didnt look great, if he was good then i'd happily take it back. 

Which just isn't true.

Really? As i say i only saw a few clips but he didnt look great, if he was good then i'd happily take it back. 

As a whole we haven't been great

He needs to get fit and play more than most this preseason I think.

I'd rather he didn't play at all. Hopefully Luna will turn out to be a decent fullback and we can relax a bit when the ball heads down our left hand side.

Â