Joe Bennett

Si.

Worst LB I've seen in my time supporting Villa. Good luck to him though, some of the abuse he got from certain Villa fans was pathetic.

i think he is better than Nicky Shorey..
How many games did Shorey play in the Premier league? Bennett had one game vs Chelski where he looked upto standard other than that he was terrible.

Worst LB I've seen in my time supporting Villa. Good luck to him though, some of the abuse he got from certain Villa fans was pathetic.

How many games did Shorey play in the Premier league? Bennett had one game vs Chelski where he looked upto standard other than that he was terrible.

as a PL player, Shorey was far better than Bennett. but as a Villa player, he was just terrible..

Wow Bennett plays one good game in 2 seasons and people still rate him. In just about every other game he played in he was shocking. He barely ever did anything going forward bar a couple of tricks and a decent cross on a very rare occassion. Cissokho probably did more in his one game vs Stoke than Bennett did in 2 seasons.!

• Like 1

Worst footballer I've ever seen, ever and I've been watching the game since I went for the very first time.

Good riddance to him.................................

All the best at Brighton, Joe.

Sorry Shorey was at least a solid, below average full back. Bennett by and large has been woeful for us.I really think the championship will be the right level for him and he can go and make a decent career. From Villa.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Should take note a certain Gareth Bale was considered garbage and loaned out by Spurs.

Haha so all shit players should be thought about in the same light as Bale.  What about all the shit players that were loaned out and continued to be shit and never improved?  Should we only consider what happened with Bale and not the 100's of players that remain shit?. Sorry to have a go but I find that statement silly.

To me this was a classic case of a player being thrown into the big league way too soon before he'd learnt all the basics of the game.

He needed at least another season in the championship when we signed him so I think this will be a good move for him.

• Like 1

Should take note a certain Gareth Bale was considered garbage and loaned out by Spurs.

No he wasn't.

Bale is going to be new style "Fergie won nothing for four years at Utd, managers need time" cop out.

Bennett looked crap from the off because he was and is crap at football.

• Like 2

To me this was a classic case of a player being thrown into the big league way too soon before he'd learnt all the basics of the game.

He needed at least another season in the championship when we signed him so I think this will be a good move for him.

He was 22 when he signed.  Not exactly a veteran, but he should have at least been on nodding terms with the basic art of defending.

• Like 1

Ha ha, now I've heard it all. When Joe is banging them in for Real Madrid on the back of an £80m transfer, I will of course be eating humble pie.
  • Like 1

Â