Joe Bennett

Si.

Should take note a certain Gareth Bale was considered garbage and loaned out by Spurs.

Aside from the fact Bale was never loaned out, was never considered garbage, and Bennett hasn't shown a fraction of ability that Bale did as a young (admittedly shaky LB) everything else in your post is top notch.

Hopefully Grealish and Okore are taking note of Ronaldo and Hummels. If being a good player it is just a case of taking note, we could see these lads on for £100m+ in a few years.

• Like 1

Talk about a whole heap of posts taking NIVillan's post the wrong way. No one is saying he'll come back and be the next Gareth Bale. Just that we should consider that sometimes players improve when they get game-time, and to the point that you may need to change your original opinion of him.

Never Premier League material and you could tell that from his very first game. What Lambert saw in him in the first is beyond me.

that his 1st start vs West Brom when he made a game saving last minute tackle. think was on Lukaku

Talk about a whole heap of posts taking NIVillan's post the wrong way. No one is saying he'll come back and be the next Gareth Bale. Just that we should consider that sometimes players improve when they get game-time, and to the point that you may need to change your original opinion of him.

Just a hint to NIVillan, then.

If you are trying to make a point about a player by comparing them to another one, don't make the comparison so ludicrous as to draw gasps of disbelief from your audience. There must be a player slightly less stellar that Bale whose experience on loan could have been quoted.

• Like 1

Apparently our Joe had a great game on the weekend. He definitely has the ability, I just think he needs confidence.

I thought he should've got MOM he worked hard and looked good.

He had a great game, reminded Me of a Wayne Bridge type player got forwards and tracked back well.
What a brilliant debut fantastic addition to the team
I thought he had a brilliant debut.
Had very good ball control in close at his feet, was excellent to see him move in and out of a few Bolton players on the by-line and then look up and place a perfect pass!
Looked quick of thought, some intelligent passing. Very impressive.
Very impressive debut. His first touch was different class. I genuinely don't think he misplaced or miss controlled one ball.  
  • Like 3

He had more touches of the ball than any other player on the pitch and that was despite him being subbed off on 74 minutes. Well suited to a side like Brighton I think.

That's his level. He'll do well in the championship but I don't ever want to see him in a villa shirt again.

Why would you say that? If he turns a new leaf in Brighton, plays well, works hard and comes back to YOUR club a decent/good player, why would you not want to seem him play?

It appears you have more of a dislike of him personally rather than his ability as a professional footballer, which is an incredibly strange stance to adopt.

Not at all. I just don't think he's good enough and playing well in the championship won't change my mind. We bought him because he played well in the championship. We have now signed a better lb and we have Richardson and Stevens who can cover.

That's his level. He'll do well in the championship but I don't ever want to see him in a villa shirt again.

Why would you say that? If he turns a new leaf in Brighton, plays well, works hard and comes back to YOUR club a decent/good player, why would you not want to seem him play?

It appears you have more of a dislike of him personally rather than his ability as a professional footballer, which is an incredibly strange stance to adopt.

Not at all. I just don't think he's good enough and playing well in the championship won't change my mind. We bought him because he played well in the championship. We have now signed a better lb and we have Richardson and Stevens who can cover.

And if, he does get better, more confident etc.  You wouldn't welcome him back and wish him to do well?

Bennett is obviously a much better left-back than Stevens.

• Like 1

And if, he does get better, more confident etc.  You wouldn't welcome him back and wish him to do well?

Not sure why Bennett would want to come back to a club where he wouldn't be first choice.

I really wouldn't want him back, the same reason i wouldn't want sylla back, i've seen enough of them to see that they aren't cut out for this level.  He was doing well and confident in the championship when we signed him, so him becoming that again won't make me think it's going to be different.  If he comes back and is excellent for us I'm not going to be upset about it, that would be great, but i don't think it's very realistic and I don't see it happen.  I wish him all the best and hope he has a happy career but I don't think he's a premiership player.

Bennett is obviously a much better left-back than Stevens.

Maybe but stevens is probably 3rd choice lb, will bennett be happy with that role?

Â