Joe Bennett

Si.

he has potential but the problem is we may have to watch a lot of embarrassing defeats until he and some of the others fullfil that potential

i dont see the potential. I keep seeing a poor player, poor decision maker, constantly caught out, not quick, not good on the ball. I remember two chances for him early in the second half. Lost of space and time to get a cross in, he failed both times.

The only thing he has going for him is his age. Bring back Warnock.

Yes, you're in a good position there, we can start to build an attack...oh you've turned into someone and lost it.

Woah, you're in a dangerous position there, better clear it up the pitch, oh you've turned into someone and lost it.

Yes, well played you've made a good run then done a good turn to get into a great crossing position, oh you've turned into someone and lost it.

Frustrating.

I thought he looked good. He was no where near being the worst player on the pitch.

Good footwork, a few decent tackles (that sliding tackle on the edge of the box on Lennon?), better attacking than he is defending. He's definately shown potential

Noy just related to Bennett - but just how much do people expect young players to improve ? - Bennet is I believe around 22 - will he improve considerably by the time he is 25 ?

His current form could just be adapting to the prem, whatever , I just don't believe that putting players in the first team - on the basis they are young - guarantees they will improve over time - I don't believe its that simple

I haven't seen him have a good game for us.

The 2nd goal was partly his fault yesterday with his stupid tackle putting the ball into the danger area rather than away from it.

He's small, slow and doesn't seem to have any great attribute to his game.

We should cut our losses now - Warnock is a step up on Bennett IMO and that's not saying much!

Dare I say it, he wasn't that bad today. I mean he's clearly a winger not a full back and he's a bit N'Zogbia-esq in his decision making, but he can beat a man and he can whip a cross in.

The 3-5-2 is absolute wank. I'd be happy to give the kid a run out on the left of a midfield 4.

Think he's looked decent the last 2 games. At least willing to move with the ball, try to beat a man and get a cross in. Not always successful, not even close, but a whole lot better than the most of the rest of the team. Considering he has been the least bedded Villa player out there, that is very encouraging for me.

Not too sure the 2nd Spurs goal was his fault. Plenty of other mistakes contributed to that goal, and could he have actually put the ball out rather than in the middle from his position? I thought he did well to make the challenge at all.

Edited by fightoffyour

Think he's looked decent the last 2 games. At least willing to move with the ball, try to beat a man and get a cross in. Not always successful, not even close, but a whole lot better than the most of the rest of the team. Considering he has been the least bedded Villa player out there, that is very encouraging for me.

Not too sure the 2nd Spurs goal was his fault. Plenty of other mistakes contributed to that goal, and could he have actually put the ball out rather than in the middle from his position? I thought he did well to make the challenge at all.

I agree and the challenge for the 2nd Spurs goal was a very good one. I'd put him left mid in a 4-4-2 for now.

Â