Joe Bennett

Si.

Talking to a Boro fan last night who was asking me how JB was getting on. He really rates him.

Yeah, the Boro fans I know rate the lad too. I asked them about him, before we signed him, and to a man they all said he's better going forward than he is defending. Seems to be about right, from what I've seen of him. I think the fact we seem to be going with five at the back, will mean he has a lot more license to push on up the pitch.

Needed the rest really, he was looking shaky and nervous on the ball, I guess as an attacking defender he has a harder job to prove his overall worth; sticking in Lichaj definitely gets you a consistent defensive base.

Has a long way to go but enough time to do it, no surprise to me that his omittance helped us pick up points.

He was **** abysmal today. People hounded Lichaj today (rightly so) but then Bennett's attitude was appalling. No effort to go back for Ramires' goal and only seemed interested in going forward.

Wouldn't mind as much if we was an established proven player in our starting 11 but he's just come back from injury and any time he's played this season he's been nothing but pure shit.

He was **** abysmal today. People hounded Lichaj today (rightly so) but then Bennett's attitude was appalling. No effort to go back for Ramires' goal and only seemed interested in going forward.

Wouldn't mind as much if we was an established proven player in our starting 11 but he's just come back from injury and any time he's played this season he's been nothing but pure shit.

Glad someone else saw that. Lichaj at least was trying out there. Bennett just did not care at all and that was driving me mad. He was always in a position where he wasn't defending or attacking. He was just standing around.

you and me both

Yep you were the other one in my small minority I was thinking of, I'm not sure we've many other members.

The way I see it is that he is very raw, has faults in his game and I've seen lots of young players down the years who I thought would make it not do so for a variety of reasons. There are rarely sure things with young players.

I do though see some raw talent/ability in his game and I remain hopefully that Lambert will knock off the rough edges and turn him into a decent player. Just because he hasn't adjusted as quickly as the likes of Lowton and Westwood doesn't mean he won't adjust.

I'd put myself down as being hopeful rather than expectant about him because he needs to improve a lot, I certainly though see far more potential in him than I've seen in Enda Stevens.

Â