Joe Bennett

Si.

im not impressed by bennett either, he really does look like a light weight, a bit like bannan, weedy, we cant have players like these in the squad

i agree with needing a new left back, simon poulsen or martin olsson for me

im not impressed by bennett either, he really does look like a light weight, a bit like bannan, weedy, we cant have players like these in the squad

i agree with needing a new left back, simon poulsen or martin olsson for me

he wasnt very impressive at boro. im suprised we signed him. we already had 4/5 crap full backs at the club

i guess none of us will ever know or see what PL sees/saw in him

but as a personal opinion, me being only 5ft5 myself, i remember getting bullyed off the ball by stronger lads when i used to play,, so with the premier league being the biggest league in the world, i cant see him holding his own very well

His only young and learning at this level he needs to be given time and patience. Everyone was slating Westwood up until last week based on a few appearances and this week it is Bennent who has been playing with an Injury for a couple of weeks now in the firing line.

i guess none of us will ever know or see what PL sees/saw in him

but as a personal opinion, me being only 5ft5 myself, i remember getting bullyed off the ball by stronger lads when i used to play,, so with the premier league being the biggest league in the world, i cant see him holding his own very well

I give you Alan Wright.

How many games has Bennett played for us? 5? Perhaps a bit too early to judge him?

We need to do to him the same thing as Man Utd did to Valencia when he joined from Wigan - turn the boy into the man. I quite like his aggression, but I can see it costing us a few points.

this.

although i actually agree with this, and everytime we buy a kid, i think that we will do this, we never actually do, it even took gary chill to leave us before maturing

villa park is like never never land

• Like 1

he'll be fine given time...

look at wee barry, ciaran and even chris herdy now that they've had a season of first team experience under their belt... they're no longer look like terrified kids on the pitch and are starting to play with composure and have key roles in the team when playing... that took time, and it'll be the same with bennett...

if we consider him as a kid having come out of the academy, rather than out of a lower division, am sure we'd be cutting him some more slack...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

if we consider him as a kid having come out of the academy, rather than out of a lower division, am sure we'd be cutting him some more slack...

100% agree. I actually like him a lot, sure he has to learn how to be a PL full back, but this only comes with more games. If we're likely to be playing with a wing back system then Bennett can be suited for this due to his capabilities going forward.

Im pretty sure that Bennett was Boro's player of the year last season so give him time.

I think this 3-5-2/5-3-2 system is tailor made for a player like Bennett. He is a decent defender, but way better going forward. Anybody who already says they do not rate him would be judging him quite unfairly imo. He has only appeared in a handful of matches, and had both some good and bad appearances. Certainly not one to write off.

I think this 3-5-2/5-3-2 system is tailor made for a player like Bennett. He is a decent defender, but way better going forward. Anybody who already says they do not rate him would be judging him quite unfairly imo. He has only appeared in a handful of matches, and had both some good and bad appearances. Certainly not one to write off.

This, I think he will be really good for us given abit of time. Need to cut out those rash challenges though.

I think, like El Ahmadi, he's one that needs time and is still adjusting. But I think he's shown some good signs he's a bit lightweight but he'll toughen up. Plus I think Stevens has played well when fit so there's competition for the left back place, which can only be a good thing.

Â