Joe Bennett

Si.

I believe that in 12 months time, this lad will be a permanent fixture in our side and one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think one thing that needs to be remembered is that he had played 0 games for Boro this season before joining us because of injury, and has only made 6 starts for us thus far because of more injury.

You cannot write him off so soon. I've watched him a few times at Boro, and he looked quality in those games.

Just give the lad time, I'm almost 100% sure he will turn it around!

• Like 1

I believe that in 12 months time, this lad will be a permanent fixture in our side and one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think one thing that needs to be remembered is that he had played 0 games for Boro this season before joining us because of injury, and has only made 6 starts for us thus far because of more injury.

You cannot write him off so soon. I've watched him a few times at Boro, and he looked quality in those games.

So, what you're saying is that he's injury prone? :D

good post, far to early to write Bennett off.

I can't see Lambert just putting him back in the side, that's not the way he seems to operate.

Bennett will have to wait until Lichaj makes a bad mistake or gets injured/suspended.

I agree, PL is very much a squad type of manager and I don't think he'll just put a player in when fit again if his replacement has been playing well.

I think that's genuinely good for squad morale, as they all know that if they play well then they keep the shirt.

Not sure Lichaj is too safe - this new formation demands the full backs really push on and give the team width. Otherwise were playing with 5 at the back and sitting too deep.

I like Lichaj but for me he doesn't look comfortable in this role. Look forward to seeing if Bennett can offer us something similar to what Lowton does on right

I yearn for the day when we can get a regular flow of crosses into the box. Weimann is actually really good in the air and Beneteke aint half bad either

I wouldn't want him to come straight back in as I think Lichaj played really well against Stoke and Pool and deserves his place.

If this back 3/5 system is long term for us then the wing backs are so important. They hold the key to our strength at the back against opposition wide players, and they also have to offer an attacking threat as well.

Alan Wright, Gary Charles and Mark Delaney I felt were all good examples of decent all rounders you need wing backs to be. I do fancy Lowton is good enough to do it. I'm yet to decide on Bennett or Stevens because of their lack of games.

Lichaj I think will end up being a decent deputy for Lowton. If Bennett or Stevens could step up and be good Premier League players, we could be half way to having a heck of a decent team next season.

Â