General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

On 10/21/2016 at 16:56, BOF said:

I thought that was generally accepted as fact?

Is it?

Are you told to do this on your initial training course? How do I, as somebody applying for a job at Starbucks who has never heard of this conspiracy, become drawn into it?

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it?

Are you told to do this on your initial training course? How do I, as somebody applying for a job at Starbucks who has never heard of this conspiracy, become drawn into it?

I've never worked there. Perhaps it is part of the training, yes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have never contributed in this thread. I have plenty of opinions on many subjects to do with conspiracies. But since th topic is on UFOs I'll ask a question. First off, I've never seen one, I don't know anyone that has. But, I do believe in them, their origin or who is piloting them is another matter. So I'm not asking this question as a sceptic, but out of seeking your opinions as the answer to it, baffles me. 

Ok so, assuming UFOs are real, why do they "seem" to fly about in the most unintelligible patterns ? They drive like a woman trying to navigate a busy Sainsburys car park on a Saturday. Left a bit, right a bit etc, back forth. Joking aside, so if they're performing recon or just showing off their tech (which either seems inconsistent with such a poor display) surely there are better ways than bobbing about a bit in the sky and buggering off. 

If that was me, and I had this anti gravitational disk capable of light speed travel, and I flew in to planet Z with onlookers below, I would put on the mother of displays, incredible speeds, straighter patterns, almost like an air show demo, not left a bit, right a bit, up and off. Not that I am saying "they" need to be better exhibitionists but it actually baffles me that if certain videos are real, why fly like that?

sorry, random q.

11 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

But it is illogical given the size of space to say that they don't exist.  On current data i would say its almost certain.  

I didn't say aliens don't exist.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

But it is illogical given the size of space to say that they don't exist.  On current data i would say its almost certain.  

It's not illogical at all, that's not the right phrase. It's possible that there is highly evolved life elsewhere in the universe, but it's also quite possible there's not, or that there's not yet.

The argument that it's almost certain is like saying, "there's billions of people on this planet, so it's almost certain that some can breathe underwater." Maybe one day humans will develop that ability....

UFOs are just things that the witness is/was not able to positively identify  could be Chinese lanterns, aircraft, birds, weather balloons,....or flying saucers from betelgeuse.

One interesting argument I heard someone talking about was von Neumann machines. The idea seems to be (and correct me if and when I'm wrong here, because I probably am) that it's impossible to travel across the universe because of the distances involved, so advanced civilisations would discover more about the universe by building self-replicating space stations/robots that could mine materials from asteroids or moons or whatever and recreate themselves. And seemingly, if you had enough of these, you could cover very large amounts of space in a (relatively) small amount of time. Hence, the argument was that the complete absence of such technology suggests that there aren't more advanced civilisations out there, or that if they are they aren't interested in discovering more about the universe. As I say, maybe it's nonsense, but it was an interesting idea. 

• Like 1

If a life form was both intelligent enough and advanced enough to make it all the way over to Earth in a space ship, said intelligent life form would not then be afraid to make contact with us. What could we possibly do to harm it? If it is curious enough to travel all this way, it wouldn't then skulk around in the dark whizzing around the sky like, as one poster put it, a woman driver trying to park in Sainsbury's. Nor would it fecking crash. Nor would we shoot it down.

Aliens have not been to earth. Not while we have been around. The size of the universe is so mind bogglingly big, our sun will likely explode before they do. We will be extinct within a few million years anyway so, whatevs.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Aliens have not been to earth

we wouldn't be here if they hadn't  ...Aliens don't have to be Green men that stick probes up peoples arse  

from my (very)  limited understanding of these things , everything on earth got here from space , water , elements such as gold , Uranium  and so on .... in amongst that lot was bacteria that under the right conditions mutated and were the first forms of life ( stromatolites  ?) everything kinda grew from that  I believe  ?

Time is the biggest problem for us in regard to UFO's or aliens. There are plenty of planets in the Goldilocks zone but the problem is time. The earth has been around about 4 bn years and its only been in the last 50 or 60 years that we have had the technology to look for it, so maybe in another 300 years we have the resource to go beyond the solar system that is such a small amount of time to find another planet which has evolved enough and to have reasonable technology for us to recognise them.The earth wont exist in about 4bn years,  It would not surprise me if some other life form found whats left of it , but came too late. Its equally plausible that we were visited 100 million years before any life form

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

we wouldn't be here if they hadn't  ...Aliens don't have to be Green men that stick probes up peoples arse  

from my (very)  limited understanding of these things , everything on earth got here from space , water , elements such as gold , Uranium  and so on .... in amongst that lot was bacteria that under the right conditions mutated and were the first forms of life ( stromatolites  ?) everything kinda grew from that  I believe  ?

Not necessarily no. It's one hypothesis that life started elsewhere and then landed on Earth, but it's not definitive. We will never be able to look back that far. I guess it depends when you class the beginning of "Earth" though, literally everything comes from space. 

By 'Alien', it's pretty well accepted that people mean intelligent life anyway, you pedantic bugger you. 

Â