Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

.....He needs to move on for his own sake.

You seem to be assuming he gives a shit about the game or his career.

I assume he has everything he needs at Villa, fat wages and a local airport for those trips to the U.S.

Aside from that I don't think he gives much of a toss.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he has an MLS contract all ready to go next summer. Or maybe Turkey. China. Loads of places for a player like him with his PL experience to go and earn one more big pay day. Doesn't really need game time to ease that contract along. Of course it wouldn't hurt, but Ayalalinispor fans will still go crazy if they manage to secure his signing, forgetting all about the amount of arse scratching he has done over the previous 5 years. 

Can't say I wouldn't do the same myself in his position. He's not getting in the French team, he's not going to win trophies. Let's just soak up the money and see this one out Charlie.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he has an MLS contract all ready to go next summer. Or maybe Turkey. China. Loads of places for a player like him with his PL experience to go and earn one more big pay day. Doesn't really need game time to ease that contract along. Of course it wouldn't hurt, but Ayalalinispor fans will still go crazy if they manage to secure his signing, forgetting all about the amount of arse scratching he has done over the previous 5 years. 

Can't say I wouldn't do the same myself in his position. He's not getting in the French team, he's not going to win trophies. Let's just soak up the money and see this one out Charlie.

Yep agree, anybody signing NZogbia would be doing so purely on reputation / PL 'experience', definitely not recent performances or form...  

You'd almost say the more game time he gets this year, the more damage he will do to his value next summer...  If he does't play this season, at least his agent / advisers can spin a nice story like he was frozen out by TS, or wasn't a TS type of player, just watch video's of his Wigan days to remember what an amazing player he really is.... blah blah

I think it's highly unlikely we'd even consider paying his contract out to release him now, best case we'd give him away on a free and hope somebody is stupid enough to offer him a decent signing on bonus to entice him.  More realistically he'll just sit it out here and move next summer on his terms to some backwater league...

We should just buy out the contract and be done

There is no point in us paying his last year of his contract up front. 

We would be better off loaning/selling him to anyone willing to take him and offering to pay the difference in he wages. 

Someone in the Championship might pay 5k or so a week for him as a punt, you'd think. Better than nothing and better than having him around imo.

Agreed....

... but I don't see N'Zogbia willing to lower his status as a member of a PL team just to play that game known as "football".

What I don't get is Sherwood said last season he was going to pick a team he thought could cope with the fight to stay up and this team included Nzog but not Gill.

But now we are looking to improve he wants to keep Gill but Nzog can go. Nzog was up for the fight?

What I don't get is Sherwood said last season he was going to pick a team he thought could cope with the fight to stay up and this team included Nzog but not Gill.

But now we are looking to improve he wants to keep Gill but Nzog can go. Nzog was up for the fight?

Stayed up didn't we. Job done.

Sit Tim was right. Now he wants him gone. Another right move.

I personally don't think he was right in playing N'Zogbia. I think he realises that he was way below standard and that it was thanks to other players we stayed up - and that's why he's now not even in the squad.

Â