Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I was very surprised he got a recall to be honest. I think it was more to do with the word fight than relegation. Sherwood probably thinks he could take Gil!! Charlie not so much :) The fact we stayed up means Tim did what was needed so theres not alot to be said by me as I got what I wanted, which was survival by any means. I accept it's going to be loads easier finding a new home for the wages of Tonev than it is for Nzogbia. But the time to leave is now even if we're paying 80% of his wages somewhere.

The best thing about Sherwood (even if he is gone by Xmas!) is the dose of realism. He's reminded me it's just not about blindly hoping players like Charlie, Bent, Ireland et al suddenly turn up randomly and decide they want to play. We have been living in a deluded little bubble for too long where mediocrity has been rewarded and sometimes applauded. When Sherwood talks about the losing mentality he's talking about something thats filtered down to us aswell you know. ;)

And therein lies the problem. On paper if we subbed his wages we probably could move him on BUT football is a small world and his bad attitude and indifferent performances will be well known to other clubs. 

Totally agree. Also, Sherwood could have 10/20 destinations lined up for him for all we know but he and his agent have no obligation to accept any one of them. if, IF, IF he goes Sherwood just might get a well done sticker in the post. I'll personally be amazed if he's not still with us this season. If so I truly hope he plays amazing for a new contract and that we don't give him one.

Someone will definately take a punt on Balotelli. Someone will sign up Joey Barton too. Maybe, just maybe someone wants to try on a bit of Nzogbia for size. If they do I hope it's somewhere sunny, with a beach that appeals to him.

Bournemouth? :)

they've been pretty busy this window with 7 new signings. let's hope they make it 8 ^^.

Watford even more so with their 10 signings, so that's probably not going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

While true that Zoggy's been awful, at the time of buying him the vast majority of Villa fans were happy with him replacing Downing. I remember one poster was ridiculed in Zoggy's thread for saying he was quite sh!t.

Thats because I wasnt on VT then. There'd have been 2.

Tick Tock

Please don't bump this thread unless there is news of him leaving

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, in that it might raise hopes in many of an impending exit. I can't help but always laugh a bit when I see this posted in a thread. By posting it the thread gets bumped even more. Doing the very thing it's asking people not to do. Nothing against you Phumfeinz, just something Ive noticed that makes me laugh inwardly to myself.

I can confirm that he will be leaving when his contract of employment expires ;)

That just about sums it up.   He isn't going anywhere this summer, why would he when he can get paid not to play football.

Â