Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Please don't bump this thread unless there is news of him leaving

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, in that it might raise hopes in many of an impending exit. I can't help but always laugh a bit when I see this posted in a thread. By posting it the thread gets bumped even more. Doing the very thing it's asking people not to do. Nothing against you Phumfeinz, just something Ive noticed that makes me laugh inwardly to myself.

Right, but I posted that when the thread had just been posted in by someone else and therefore was top of the thread list, just like now. Otherwise I wouldn't post it at all see. I'm just asking that when the thread is hidden away on page two that nobody bring it to the top of page one unless there is good news.

I'd argue N'Zogbia is up there.

I'd actually say Emile Heskey is up there as one of the worst signings made by the club. Not in terms of being the worst player or value for money but due to being signed instead of an actual decent goal scorer (e.g. Darren Bent) who would've got us into Europe.

Off topic I know :-/

I'd argue N'Zogbia is up there.

I'd actually say Emile Heskey is up there as one of the worst signings made by the club. Not in terms of being the worst player or value for money but due to being signed instead of an actual decent goal scorer (e.g. Darren Bent) who would've got us into Europe.

Off topic I know :-/

Darren Bent was available for 3M at the time? Wonder why some other teams didn't snap him up.

Please don't bump this thread unless there is news of him leaving

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, in that it might raise hopes in many of an impending exit. I can't help but always laugh a bit when I see this posted in a thread. By posting it the thread gets bumped even more. Doing the very thing it's asking people not to do. Nothing against you Phumfeinz, just something Ive noticed that makes me laugh inwardly to myself.

Right, but I posted that when the thread had just been posted in by someone else and therefore was top of the thread list, just like now. Otherwise I wouldn't post it at all see. I'm just asking that when the thread is hidden away on page two that nobody bring it to the top of page one unless there is good news.

I know and like I said wasnt trying to single you out or aim it at you in any way. It gets posted in many a thread. I also pointed out I agree with the sentiment, my hopes got raised too you know and I think my views on Nzogbia are utterly clear to everyone who might have looked in this thread. The inherent irony honestly makes me chuckle though, along with the concept of a chat room thread that shouldn't be written in.

Arguably the worst signing ever made by the club.

Argue it then because many have tried.

Bosko Balaban pisses all over him. £6m for absolutely **** all.

I'd suggest that a lot of the reported £6m fee for Balaban went on "agents fees" and black hair dye. Even if you take the £6m fee I'd say balaban's wages were minor when compared to the 5 year £50K* a week deal N'Zogbia is on.

£10m on fee + £13*m wages = £23m on N'Zogbia. That's a lot of money for pretty much zero return.

*Estimated. Maybe some ITK can confirm the real wage figures.

This guy won't move on because he is probably happier not having to play. He could easily get a contract at a lower league club for a nominal fee as no doubt Sherwood wants nothing more to do with him, but he won't. I cannot wait for him to go. I hope once he does he pisses everything he 'earned' at villa away in Vegas immediately.

• Like 1

I didn't make the game last night but spoke to a City mate of mine who was there. He said that CNZ, Delph and especially Gabby were outstanding last night.

I'd like to see CNZ start on sunday ahead of Holman if Delph is alongside him. Delph can do the chasing and hassling which then allows CNZ to be more creative. CNZ has bags of the talent but not the work rate of Holman hence why i think Delph's energy is crucial.

There was a period in the first half last night when all you could hear on the commentary was CNZ's name. With more clinical finishing we may all have been crowing about his performance today.

Juries still out though overall.

I didn't make the game last night but spoke to a City mate of mine who was there. He said that CNZ, Delph and especially Gabby were outstanding last night.

I'd like to see CNZ start on sunday ahead of Holman if Delph is alongside him. Delph can do the chasing and hassling which then allows CNZ to be more creative. CNZ has bags of the talent but not the work rate of Holman hence why i think Delph's energy is crucial.

There was a period in the first half last night when all you could hear on the commentary was CNZ's name. With more clinical finishing we may all have been crowing about his performance today.

Juries still out though overall.

Yeah, good point momo. Dont hear that sort of reasoning as much as we should on here

Arguably the worst signing ever made by the club.

Argue it then because many have tried.

Bosko Balaban pisses all over him. £6m for absolutely **** all.

I'd suggest that a lot of the reported £6m fee for Balaban went on "agents fees" and black hair dye. Even if you take the £6m fee I'd say balaban's wages were minor when compared to the 5 year £50K* a week deal N'Zogbia is on.

£10m on fee + £13*m wages = £23m on N'Zogbia. That's a lot of money for pretty much zero return.

*Estimated. Maybe some ITK can confirm the real wage figures.

I would argue that his return has been much more than petty much zero. People are quick to praise Benteke amongst others, rightly, for their heroics in keeping is up. But what if N'Zogbia hadn't turned in that performance against West Ham in Lambert's first season, at a time we couldn't buy a win? That was a nice run of 4/5 games he had there overall before he was inexplicably dropped. How about his sterling showing against Sunderland last season, he was my MOTM. He played his part on the whole towards the back end of last season, some good but mostly average. Average being better than the shit we were prior to that.

He's never had a run of more than 6/7 games throughout his entire time here. There are reasons for that of course, he's not got enough desire I don't think and then there was that horrible injury, and I'm not suggesting for one second he has been value for money or that he's good enough now. If he was on the £20k a week he's worth I think he'd make a capable squad player. However as it is I'll be glad to get him off the wage bill, but he's not been anywhere near as shit as this thread portrays. It's classic scapegoat mentality IMO.

• Like 2

There's an element of truth in that doug. Personally Im happy to admit I'll never warm to him. Even if he got a hat trick on Saturday. I am against him being at my club in principle. same as Mcleish.

The parrallells with Ireland are so obvious. Bags of natural ability. yet so thoroughly underwhelming in desire and application. It makes those of us who arent footballers mad as they are the polar end of the spectrum to ourselves.

As for Scapegoating the boy. I dont judge him on the performances of, or let him carry the blame for others. I base my thoughts on him on the things ive seen him do and the opinions of others I have some respect for. I think he only has himself to blame for the way this thread portrays him and like Ireland and Collymore before him we'll sit here and wonder why they couldn't be bothered.

• Like 1

Infuriating player. Tons of natural talent, but zero footballing sense. Almost always dribbles into three defenders or blasts the ball 40 feet over the crossbar.

Needs to go ASAP

To add to that VM, what makes it worse is that we've seen him do it elsewhere.  So it's not like people have turned on someone whose ability they're not sure of, or a youngster who hasn't been given a chance.  We know the player he can be.  We've seen him be a one man team for Wigan manys a time.  So the 'hat-trick on Saturday' scenario would only serve to remind us of what he could have been, had he applied himself or bothered his ass.

• Like 1

Collymore was ill. Different problem entirely.

I agree that his application and desire are not good enough generally. But I can't agree that he didn't work as hard as anyone to keep us up last season. Both Lambert and Sherwood have praised his work ethic in training. So I guess I don't understand the vehement dislike for him, it seems out of place.

I absolutely think it's best for both parties if he buggers off as soon as possible, because he's done here and its not a healthy arrangement for anyone.

• Like 2

It's possible that he's a very good trainer.  Managers do tend to pick from training and Zog was getting picked to the exasperation of the fans.  Looking at it objectively, and taking in what the managers were saying, it appears as though the Zog that works throughout the week is very different to the one that turns up on the Saturday.  Perhaps if he worked a little less during the week (but enough to be picked) then he'd have more in his tank for the weekend :P

Ok, cheap shot at Stan. I'll take that back.

I think you touch on a good point that the hatred on here probably is exponetial to his wages and the transfer fee. Would Ireland have felt SO bad if we'd have got the money for Milner and then decided to buy him with it for instance? at 20k a week most would probably agree that a squad player he could be.

Ive said before in here that ultimately I wanted us to survive the back end of last season at any cost. Tim chose Nzogbia to be a part of that and I got what I wanted, so there's not really alot I can say. However I might suggest the average performances that helped us you refer to would be because he was more effective than Weimann or Bowery. Or maybe I wouldn't.

Nowhere near the list of worst ever anything though I'll grant you that. I'll see your Balaban and see if I can raise you by my Ivo Stas. At least Balaban came in to training ;)

Villa worst player ever Top Trumps. There's a lifestyle business off Dragons Den for ya. 

• Like 1

Â