Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

When Sherwood was picking him, most on VT were hailing N'Zogbia's performances as vital to our turnaround. Have those people now changed their minds or vanished?

I wasn't.

I think he was decent in 2 or 3 games. That's it.

I don't hate the guy. I think hating him is over the top.

But I do think he's a crap footballer and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he was sold this summer.

• Like 2

I was very surprised he got a recall to be honest. I think it was more to do with the word fight than relegation. Sherwood probably thinks he could take Gil!! Charlie not so much :) The fact we stayed up means Tim did what was needed so theres not alot to be said by me as I got what I wanted, which was survival by any means. I accept it's going to be loads easier finding a new home for the wages of Tonev than it is for Nzogbia. But the time to leave is now even if we're paying 80% of his wages somewhere.

The best thing about Sherwood (even if he is gone by Xmas!) is the dose of realism. He's reminded me it's just not about blindly hoping players like Charlie, Bent, Ireland et al suddenly turn up randomly and decide they want to play. We have been living in a deluded little bubble for too long where mediocrity has been rewarded and sometimes applauded. When Sherwood talks about the losing mentality he's talking about something thats filtered down to us aswell you know. ;)

• Like 3

I ave no problem with Zog! I just don't think he is good enough! For me Grealish and Gil are better than him, so when factoring in his high wages it makes sense to move him on a fast as possible. Would need to replace him though, hopefully with an fine talent (not Townsend).

Well you brought it into the world. Tis a thing of beauty. I promise to take good care of her. But like every proud parent you're going to have to face up to the reality of spotty oiks like me turning up and having a go on it while your back is turned. ;)

Would it help if I told everyone what a nice clock you have?

• Like 2

I was very surprised he got a recall to be honest. I think it was more to do with the word fight than relegation. Sherwood probably thinks he could take Gil!! Charlie not so much :) The fact we stayed up means Tim did what was needed so theres not alot to be said by me as I got what I wanted, which was survival by any means. I accept it's going to be loads easier finding a new home for the wages of Tonev than it is for Nzogbia. But the time to leave is now even if we're paying 80% of his wages somewhere.

The best thing about Sherwood (even if he is gone by Xmas!) is the dose of realism. He's reminded me it's just not about blindly hoping players like Charlie, Bent, Ireland et al suddenly turn up randomly and decide they want to play. We have been living in a deluded little bubble for too long where mediocrity has been rewarded and sometimes applauded. When Sherwood talks about the losing mentality he's talking about something thats filtered down to us aswell you know. ;)

That's a good post MARV. 

well said

You could argue that he was the biggest drain on resources before Bent and Given left. All bad deals for the club with hindsight but at least the latter 2 turned in some good performances and went someway to justifying their salaries. The same, sadly, cannot be set for Charlie. Wasted the ability he was given, and some may argue that wasn't much in the first place.

You could argue that he was the biggest drain on resources before Bent and Given left. All bad deals for the club with hindsight but at least the latter 2 turned in some good performances and went someway to justifying their salaries. The same, sadly, cannot be set for Charlie. Wasted the ability he was given, and some may argue that wasn't much in the first place.

Two of them were bad deals at the time.

Â