Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Tonev and CNZ gone in a couple of days. Great news for the wage bill. Which fans, including myself, weirdly care so much about. But I guess it does free up budget for potential new recruits who could actually contribute! Shame though. CNZ is clearly a talent. Just never worked out for us. Wasted money and talent. See ya! (I hope!)

Report: UAE club Baniyas in talks with Aston Villa for winger Charles N'Zogbia

Charles N'Zogbia in action for Aston Villa on December 7, 2014© Getty Images

By Miles Jolliffe, Reporter

Filed: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 08:45 UK

Last Updated: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 08:45 UK

Aston Villa are holding talks with United Arab Emirates club Baniyas over the future of winger Charles N'Zogbia, according to reports.

The Sun claims that Abu Dhabi side Baniyas are interested in signing the former France international on a free transfer.

N'Zogbia is said to be earning £65,000-a-week at Villa, but is out of favour under Tim Sherwood and has not featured in any of his side's Premier League games this season.

The 29-year-old joined Villa from Wigan Athletic in a £9.5m deal, and has since scored five goals and provided 17 assists in 91 appearances.

• Like 1

Report: UAE club Baniyas in talks with Aston Villa for winger Charles N'Zogbia

Charles N'Zogbia in action for Aston Villa on December 7, 2014© Getty Images

By Miles Jolliffe, Reporter

Filed: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 08:45 UK

Last Updated: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 08:45 UK

Aston Villa are holding talks with United Arab Emirates club Baniyas over the future of winger Charles N'Zogbia, according to reports.

The Sun claims that Abu Dhabi side Baniyas are interested in signing the former France international on a free transfer.

N'Zogbia is said to be earning £65,000-a-week at Villa, but is out of favour under Tim Sherwood and has not featured in any of his side's Premier League games this season.

The 29-year-old joined Villa from Wigan Athletic in a £9.5m deal, and has since been an absolute waste of cash and a squad place.

Fixed for accuracy

Biggest pile of crap since Simon Stainrod back in the day.  Mugged Villa for loads of cash and only turned up for Wigan now and again.  Cannot wait to see the back of him with his sullen looks and his ridiculous running of the ball into dead areas of the pitch.  Him and Gabby are made for each other him with his sullen and sulky looks combined with Gabby's pointless moustache!! 

He arguably kept up in the premier league with a few of his performances. I think it was against West Ham when he scored that free kick goal that gave us 3 points. Should also be remembered for some of the good he did. 

• Like 1

What's taking so long? With his ridiculous fashion statements, it's not like we could have possibly lost him somewhere at BH.

I'm getting nervous-Get this man gone. If he is trying to hold out for some ridiculous loyalty bonus I think this forum will explode.

Negotiating the settlement of the final 12 months of his contract I would imagine.

He arguably kept up in the premier league with a few of his performances. I think it was against West Ham when he scored that free kick goal that gave us 3 points. Should also be remembered for some of the good he did. 

Good luck with that argument.

I wanna know, if he leaves before his contract with us expires, will Trent's clock explode?

I foresee two possibilities. One, N'Zogbia coming face to face with himself would put him into shock and he'd simply pass out. Or two, the situation could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

• Like 1

Â