Rino8

Steven Fletcher banging the goals in, looking to prove us doubters wrong who (myself included) thought his price tag was inflated.
Why is this in this thread?

He's not a bad player, was going to get goals. £15m though? Owrgh.

Manchester United up next. I wonder when the fans will decide to hound Rodgers out?

Having a look around on their message boards they seem more upset at the lack of investment from the owners rather than having a problem with the manager. I think they generally seem to like the short passing game he has them playing.

Manchester United up next. I wonder when the fans will decide to hound Rodgers out?

Having a look around on their message boards they seem more upset at the lack of investment from the owners rather than having a problem with the manager. I think they generally seem to like the short passing game he has them playing.

lack of investment?

suarez £20million

henderson £20million

downing £20million

adam £7million

enrique £6million

borini £15million

allen £15million

carroll £35million

yep they really are tighter than a finger up an arsehole

lack of investment?

suarez £20million

henderson £20million

downing £20million

adam £7million

enrique £6million

borini £15million

allen £15million

carroll £35million

yep they really are tighter than a finger up an arsehole

Was just going to say, if King Kenny hadnt spunked £100 million up the wall things might be different for Rodgers.

Fortunately for villa - they hired the wrong manager.

The big problem at Liverpool is they believe there own propaganda - is Shelvey premier league standard ? - Was Gerard ever that good, - similar with Reinna - a good keeper hyped out of all proportion........

The whole King Kenny thing ?

Until they look objectively at things they will be a top 10 club and not much more !

The difference for Liverpool and Rodgers compared to us and Lambert is that everyone at Villa is pulling in the same direction, those who aren't have been bombed out, the likes of Warnock and Hutton. Rodgers though has still got the Gerrard problem, while Saurez is never the right forward to work in a team for rodgers. Both players have far too much sway with the fans, Rodgers has got a job on.

Fortunately for villa - they hired the wrong manager.

The big problem at Liverpool is they believe there own propaganda - is Shelvey premier league standard ?

Too early too tell, he is still only 20 and cost about a million quid. I don't think alarm bells will be ringing any time soon.

Was Gerard ever that good

Yes he was. He was one of the best players in the world from about 2004-2008. Him and Torres carried Liverpool for years, everybody said at the time that Liverpool were too reliant on those players and now they cant rely on them results have dipped.

similar with Reinna - a good keeper hyped out of all proportion...

Was he? A lot of people (rightly) said he was one of the best keepers in the Premier League, because he was. I dont think there was ever a huge campaign to get him in the Spanish team ahead of Casillas though. His form has dipped somewhat of late but he has only just turned 30 which is no age for a keeper. I think he will bounce back.

The whole King Kenny thing ?

Until they look objectively at things they will be a top 10 club and not much more !

The reverence for Dalglish is understandable, he is the best player they have ever had and he had a successful managerial career there too first time round. He even put a trophy in the cabinet last season which is probably enough for the fans who loved him as a player. He wasn't the man to take them forwards though and he did waste a lot of money.

Liverpool arent a top side any more, the last two or three seasons is the weakest they have been since Bill Shankly took over the club in the sixties, they have no chance of winning the Premier League any time soon and I cant see them finishing above either of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea or Arsenal and getting Champions League football any time soon either. They are in the group of clubs with Spurs, Everton & Newcastle who will be pushing for a Europa spot and hoping for a good cup run and they might find themselves trapped there for the foreseeable future as they struggle to attract the players they need to push on.

Was Gerard ever that good

Yes he was. He was one of the best players in the world from about 2004-2008. Him and Torres carried Liverpool for years, everybody said at the time that Liverpool were too reliant on those players and now they cant rely on them results have dipped.

Agreed. He was a monster back in the day.

Â