Rino8

I find it hilarious that people are laughing and writing them off after three games. Three games into a new managers league career with a new club. What hope do managers have in this day and age? Andre Villas Boas, there's another who was booed at the weekend. If Villa lost on Sunday you can be sure that the idiot fans (that every club has) would have been seriously calling for his head. Lambert and Rodgers deserve more. They definitely deserve more than what some tw@t fans at each club are throwing at them. Bloody know-alls.

I agree. As much as RAWK meltdown is funny, Villatalk had a relegation thread after one game.

I find it hilarious that people are laughing and writing them off after three games. Three games into a new managers league career with a new club. What hope do managers have in this day and age? Andre Villas Boas, there's another who was booed at the weekend. If Villa lost on Sunday you can be sure that the idiot fans (that every club has) would have been seriously calling for his head. Lambert and Rodgers deserve more. They definitely deserve more than what some tw@t fans at each club are throwing at them. Bloody know-alls.

Top post, that. Agree completely. Or should I say; "This".

Going back to the Henry letter, I have to pick out this quote:

We are still in the process of reversing the errors of previous regimes. It will not happen overnight. It has been compounded by our own mistakes in a difficult first two years of ownership. It has been a harsh education, but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over.

Given that Liverpool were absolutely 100% nailed on for administration due to the previous owners having all their cash tied up and nothing available to meet a loan repayment, it seems like an obvious thing to say to spin out some positive PR. The quoted sentence roughly translates as "we might have just **** up in the transfer market, but at least we're not insolvent".

I'm not going to hide the fact that I dislike Liverpool, but I honestly don't see anything other than mid-table for them for the next couple of years. Gerrard is passed it and the squad is a fair distance behind Spuds and Arsenal. The squad is light years behind Manure, Citeh and Chelsea.

I reckon the results will improve as Rodgers stamps his mark on the squad, but I also reckon a lot of the fans will not give him a chance, a la Hodgson. My prediction for Liverpool for the end of the season is duking it out with Villa, Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, West Ham, Fulham and Sunderland for 8th to 15th in the league.

Heskey to Liverpool?

Reports have also linked Heskey with former club Liverpool, whose failure to land a replacement after sending Andy Carroll out on loan has left them desperately short of strikers and now looking for free agents to potentially sign.

Oh Brendan, please make it so... pray_smiley.gif

How come it's only the nut job fans' comments that get magnified? I for one don't agree with any of the quotes that have been written above yet they're the one's the rival fans will see as bible. They don't represent ALL fans views.

Sorry, I thought it was self-evident that I meant those who subscribe to the line of thinking that he should go. I have friends who are 'pool fans and they are fine with Rodgers. There is though; I think it's fair to say; a fair proportion of Liverpool fans who think there should be no drop-off in their league position (from around the 6th position mark) even while a relatively sizeable project is happening.

Sounds somewhat familiar ;)

I agree. As much as RAWK meltdown is funny, Villatalk had a relegation thread after one game.

And see what Lambert did when he read it?

Heskey would probably do a good job there

They need someone who can hold the ball up top

:lol:

Liverpool to bid £40m for new West Ham striker Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll on Liverpool's radar

Liverpool boss Brendan Rogers is hoping to entice new West Ham signing Andy Carroll back to Anfield just 72 hours after the out-of-favour striker left the club.

The club, who are level on points with Aston Villa, plan to use the January transfer window to offer Carroll a lucrative deal worth £40m and as much hay as he can eat.

Rodgers let the Plan B striker leave for Upton Park as he was convinced he would bring in Fulham’s Clint Dempsey with the offer of a semi-detached house in Bootle with round-the-clock CCTV coverage.

However, the deal fell through with Liverpool’s owners understood to be reluctant to meet Dempsey’s £20k demand for a new kitchen extension and perpendicular breakfast bar.

Carroll Liverpool target

Rodgers admitted last night that Carroll’s departure and Dempsey’s failure to sign has left him with fewer striking options than a South African miner.

Liverpool FC are not alone in missing Carroll. Since his move to West Ham, bars and strip-joints in the city centre have reported their takings are down by 50%.

The under-fire LFC boss now faces the prospect of reassembling a strike force from the usable parts of Michael Owen and the remnants of Robbie Fowler’s nose.

Rodgers told us, “Andy is a proven goalscorer and has the additional advantage of knowing his way around the city’s complex one-way system.”

“Did I mention that he can have his old locker back?”

Last night Rodgers was quick to play down rumours of a rift with the club’s American owners despite finding a heavily-pierced dartboard with a picture of his face on it in an executive box.

Article

Rodgers is quite similar to Lambert in that they both took the job on, under no illusion that each was a project. PL, obviously, has almost had to start from scratch, but Rodgers has inherited a mish-mash of King Kennys follies. Where it falls down is that Lambert will be afforded a lot more time than his rival, who looks already to be under a underlying scrutiny from the blinkered redscouse.

How come it's only the nut job fans' comments that get magnified? I for one don't agree with any of the quotes that have been written above yet they're the one's the rival fans will see as bible. They don't represent ALL fans views.

Sorry, I thought it was self-evident that I meant those who subscribe to the line of thinking that he should go. I have friends who are 'pool fans and they are fine with Rodgers. There is though; I think it's fair to say; a fair proportion of Liverpool fans who think there should be no drop-off in their league position (from around the 6th position mark) even while a relatively sizeable project is happening.

Sounds somewhat familiar ;)

I was thinking that when I was writing it :lol: I knew someone would pick up on it :D

Looking at that first 11 on Sunday I was actually quite happy. I'm not happy with our defence though but ask 90% of our fans and they'll say it's working. No it's not. I was happier when Agger wasn't central defence. You can see how rusty Carragher is getting now with the lack of games, I'd even go as far to say his confidence is dashed a bit but him and Skrtel were rock solid together. Skrtel and Agger, good players in their own right but they're not working as a solid defensive partnership. After watching them hold their own against City the other week it filled me with a lot more confidence but then an inferior Arsenal side come to town and we make them (and especially DIABY!!!) look like Barcelona of 2 years ago. It'll be just like us to go out and beat Utd at our next home game (another team on the decline but that's a debate for another day). One thing is for sure, we won't beat Sunderland away. I'd go as far as to say that that game is a lot more daunting than the visit of Utd. I think Liverpools next win in the league will be the Reading game in October, by then we'll be propping up the table and the knives will be well and truly sharpened for Mr Rodgers, who deserves a crack of the whip in my opinion.

I hope the Villa fans as well get behind Lambert, you could have something special there and I think he should be given time.

As a footnote can I just say that I absolutely detest football and it's quite literally ruining my weekends now. :)

Â