Rino8

I'd say Leeds are bigger than Newcastle.

Nah. IMHOOC. Leeds are big. Arguably the biggest outside the Prem but they're not as big as the barcodes.

Not when they were relegated though, which is the context of the statement.

I disagreed with the post regarding Leeds being bigger but deliberately didn't respond to avoid restarting the 'big club' debate :lol:

I was just about to post this, almost word for word. The bigger club debate is pointless.

As for the programme, I would have to say it is a guilty pleasure, I actually enjoyed it. :oops: But as has already been stated, it is a programme that is aiming to improve Liverpools PR image, and not giving a true insght into what goes on at the club. But yes I will be tuning in next episode.

They might be about to give a debut to a player who only last week was still 15 years old. Jerome Sinclair might be about to become the youngster Liverpool player ever.

Liverpool teenager Jerome Sinclair is set to become the club's youngest ever player aged 16 years and six days.

The England Under-17 striker will travel with the senior squad to the Hawthorns for Wednesday's Capital One Cup clash with West Brom.

He has been drafted into the squad along with 19-year-old German defender Stephen Sama after he impressed for the Liverpool U-18 side in a NextGen series match with Inter Milan last week.

Sinclair only turned 16 last week so - if he makes it off the bench - he will beat the club record of 16 years and 250 days set by Jack Robinson when he made his debut against Hull City in May 2010.

Liverpool are expected to field a side featuring 11 changes from Sunday's clash with Manchester United, with Brad Jones, Andre Wisdom, Jamie Carragher, Suso, Samed Yesil and Dani Pacheco all likely to feature.

Is the "big club" debate VT's version of Godwin's Law?

I think the "big club" debate is the most pointless talking point in football. If I had a Room 101 selection, I would probably dump Twitter and forum users arguing with each other about what is the "bigger" club in there as my top choice. Stop acting like children or go and do your homework.

On one hand it shows they are struggling for players but on the other, their youth has been one of their few bright spots this season according to a mate of mine with the likes of Sterling & Suso coming through.

If Liverpool actually had a decent set of first team players in terms of quantity and quality, these young guys not even in adulthood yet would not be getting a look in. I think these 3 or 4 young players are coming into the team now because Liverpool have no choice to put them in rather then because thye are excptional bunch of players.

But time will tell.

On one hand it shows they are struggling for players but on the other, their youth has been one of their few bright spots this season according to a mate of mine with the likes of Sterling & Suso coming through.

but to me an overreliance can be bad for the player in teh long run. He has made about 5 appearances but already they are starting to overrely on Sterling.

Look at how Everton treated Rooney for example or even Barca with Messi. gradual start from bench and then thrown in when fully ready

I am getting pretty sick of this club now.

Their manager (seemingly a good guy) and Gerrard have both openly expressed their feelings about decisions going against them and hoping to get the rub of the green. Gerrard are now saying that their two displays against Man City and Man Utd warranted 6 points etc etc, saying their draw against Sunderland would have been a good result if they had won those matches. Excuse me? You did not win those matches, and what are you saying, even on your best day you still cannot win?

Against Man United pretty much everyone agrees the Shelvey tackle was way over the top and deserved a red card. In the best case, it was "harsh", but still it was not wrong. There is a huge difference between wrong and harsh, as within every rulebook that tacle was wrong. The Suarez-penalty? Yes, it could and should have been a penalty However, from the refs angle it looked like Evans touched the ball and Suarez did overplay. All in all, slightly wrong decision maybe, but not a disaster at all and it really is something that happens every game. The Utd-penalty? When you tackle as the last man you have to get the ball cleanly. Johnson barely touched Valencia with his hand, as well as brushing his heel, but all in all that is enough to get him out of balance right before he is going to shoot. The two situations put together was pretty harsh on Liverpool, but in NO way was any of them diabolical. If a guy is tackled right at the ankle on his way through you can say it is a disaster if a penalty is not awarded, and if a player is diving without contact you can get mad if a penalty is given at the other end. However, in this case both examples are tough and it went against Liverpool. A referee cannot hold back a penalty call because he has heard that he should have given one 10 minutes earlier.

Anyway, I love the misery for Liverpool. Always bitching about every little decision. Tell you what, would Liverpool have won if Shelvey had stayed on? Why? Most likely United would have made moves in the second half and won the game anyway. They have better players and a better manager, something Liverpool always seem to forget.

I sincerely hope Liverpool lose against Norwich tomorrow, but just wait, something will happen that they will use as an excuse. If only Suarez had hit those 9 attempts inside the goalposts instead of outside, because he is world-class you know, and if only that outside-post hit had gone in, they hit the most crossbars you know!

Â