Rino8

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

you get 10 years out of felix, including his peak years and the ability to mould him in to the player that you want, thats the difference

Salah's 29 before the summer window opens, no ones taking a £100m punt on him

would be interesting to know what salah's marketing value is in the middle east, he has 41m instagram followers, felix only has 3.7m, jacks got 1.4m, shit like that makes a huge difference on your transfer fee nowadays, whats the rate of return on him? not resale value, if you sign salah does your kit deal become more valuable?

I mean, it’s why the Ronaldo deal was so worth the fee for Juve aside from him still being one of the best players in the world. There’s 100m Egyptians alone, I’m not sure how it works geopolitically but you’d imagine he’d be pretty popular in other North African countries too although there obviously isn’t as much money there. As a marketing asset he’s worth a LOT.

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

I mean, it’s why the Ronaldo deal was so worth the fee for Juve aside from him still being one of the best players in the world. There’s 100m Egyptians alone, I’m not sure how it works geopolitically but you’d imagine he’d be pretty popular in other North African countries too although there obviously isn’t as much money there. As a marketing asset he’s worth a LOT.

My understanding is that Salah is a huge star throught the Arab world, not only in Egypt. I have taught hundreds of Saudi men in the last few years, and most of them love football, and most of those who watch football regularly say Salah is their favourite player. He's a big deal.

Edited by HanoiVillan

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good player, absolute hospital case though isn't he.

I am not sure if he is a good player, he might be but every time I see him play he doesnt get past 50 minutes

• Haha 1

not sure why anybody is surprised anymore by this prick, he was blaming fatigue again recently

City played 2 cup games over Christmas so balances out the league fixtures, Arsenal and United were the opponents not the Aston Villa kids team

1 hour ago, a-k said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55916732

Why didn't you have a break? Oh right, you wanted "revenge" and played a near-full strength squad against our kids.

Image result for klopp muppet

Pep strikes back, and puts him in his place

Pep Guardiola says he did not think Jurgen Klopp "was that type of manager" after the Liverpool boss claimed Manchester City benefited from a "two-week break" because of Covid-19.

City had an eight-day gap between games over the new year as a coronavirus outbreak caused their league match at Everton on 28 December to be postponed.

"Jurgen has to see the calendar again," Guardiola said.

Premier League leaders City visit Liverpool on Sunday (16:30 GMT).

Guardiola's side have won 13 games in a row in all competitions, while Liverpool have won just three of their past 10 matches, and have fallen to fourth in the Premier League.

Why Sunday is win or bust for Liverpool - Murphy analysis

Asked to explain Liverpool's recent drop in form, Klopp said at a pre-match press conference on Friday: "We didn't have a break.

"I think City had a two-week break for Covid reasons."

City's press conference took place later on Friday, and Guardiola was asked for his thoughts on Klopp's comments.

The City manager responded by mocking Klopp's reading of the calendar, saying: "He made a mistake. It was two months off, or three months off? No, [it was] four. Four months off. That's why we are in top form right now."

Guardiola added that City were still short of players when they returned to action with a 3-1 league win at Chelsea on 3 January.

He also questioned whether the Liverpool manager was employing mind games or had simply made a mistake.

"Jurgen has to see the calendar again," Guardiola said. "We had Covid, we have one week and we played with 14 players at Stamford Bridge, but maybe I'm wrong and it was not two weeks, it was three or four weeks. 

"On Sunday, when I see Jurgen, I'll say to him: how many weeks or days were we off? I'm surprised. I didn't think Jurgen was that type of manager, like other ones who are usually doing it. I didn't expect that comment."

Bbc

Tbf they've had a horrid time with CB injuries, but they also didn't build a squad to cope with it.'

van Dijk out has had the same effect on them as the Laporte injury had on City last season

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Tbf they've had a horrid time with CB injuries, but they also didn't build a squad to cope with it.'

van Dijk out has had the same effect on them as the Laporte injury had on City last season

And City have built a squad to cope by signing Dias. Laporte has only played 7 or 8 games this season and they've been fine. Aguero has barely played too. 

Â